Running strafe animation

abominae

Now, I'm not even sure what is possible when it comes to adding animations to the game or how difficult it is, but there seems to be an extremely commonly used animation that is utterly missing from the game. When running forward, if you strafe at the same time (aka, run diagonally), there is no animation for it.. you continue running forward in a normal animation, and magically glide sideways at the same time, as though not even interacting with the environment at all. It's very jarring in terms of immersion and realism when playing in the third person. I'm quite shocked that Bethesda didn't include in animation for this in the game, given that there is an animation for most every other type of movement. Would adding this in a mod be possible?

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to second this request for better running animation(s). The current ones are horrible, especially so when you don't have a weapon in your hands.

If anyone is working on something for this, I'd be thrilled to hear about it.

Barring that, how difficult might it be to adapt the animations from Oblivion? I'm not sure how well the skeletons match, if at all. Maybe someone with more knowledge can share some insight.

Honestly? What I really think is FO3 needs a complete animation overhaul. I'm sick of seeing so many people firing from the hip and being able to hit a target. Probably not very plausable(sp), but it pains me to play an FPS and see those animations, then load up FO3 and see animations looking as if they were copied from DOOM.

Archived