Amazing Starts times ssd

i think as far as SSDs go, they are extremely cheap. under $1/Gb right now, well under in some cases.

i for on will include an SSD in every build i make. i have a 128gb, i do plan on putting a bigger one in there, either a 256gb or 480gb or something (also need to get a bigger HDD. my 1TB is almost full). we will see when the time comes, and when i do, my 128 will be going in my parents PC. they use like a total of like 60GB on their drive, so a 128gb will be more then enough.

in fact, that is one of the best places i like it, for builds that dont use a lot of space (such as for the average consumer adult) a simple 128GB sub $100 SSD is perfect for them and all they need. and for anyone else a 128GB as their C: Drive is great, with an HDD for other files. however, where i wouldnt do this is for someone whos not very tech savvy and wouldnt have the know how (or whatever you wanna call it) to make sure they install programs on a partition other then C:. in my parents case, it wont matter because they wont fill it up. on a user where they have a lot of data and would need to put data on a separate drive (such as music and pictures) youd either need to get a bigger SSD (which can then be costly, and not worth it for that user) or just forgo the SSD all together.

Well i can say i installed Skyrim in 30 seconds flat with the cd, I was like what done already :blink: Steam installs are crazy fast....

No bottleneck on the cd drive ???? no explanation with the insane speeds lol. Of course its a USB 3,0 blu ray burner combo.

Edited by Thor.

i would need more then a 500gb SSD if i wanted to install my Steam on it. my Steam folder is 500GB by itself. plus i have probably another 100GB+ in non Steam Games.