Good Dragons! (and dragons with character)

Raczoon

I'm sick of killing every dragon I see. They're supposed to be intelligent, wise immortals. But all I see are mindless kamikaze monsters. Certainly not what Oblivion set them up to be. Where's the depth?!

What I would really like to see is the dragons' personality in the game take a fundamentally new direction. More neutral dragons in the sky, including the occasional friendly. Maybe even a really rare assist from a sympathetic dragon that just happened to be flying overhead when you get into combat.

Everyone loves Paarthurnax, so why not some allied dragons? All new dragon characters complete with dialog, and maybe even their own quests. And by all means, fix the crooked jaw wobble when they talk.

I'm not a story writer, but something like a dragon revolt or civil war..... something to flesh out the weak Skyrim story surrounding dragons seems quite needed. It would be so nice to see them as more than the monotone villains this game left them to be. After all, there was supposed to be more than 1 dragon to take the humans' side, even in Skyrim's lore.

I would also like to see a little speech from the bad dragons once in a while, to remind me they're not mindless. Whiterun guards never shut up during combat, so why should just the scripted dragons talk?

So far as I've seen, there doesn't seem to be a single mod like what I suggest. Is it just too complicated for someone to tackle in part or whole?

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is that all the dragons Alduin revived were his soldiers. They were brought back specifically to fight and hate humans/etc. Even if there were once sympathetic dragons. they weren't on the top of Alduin's priority list. There actually ARE 1 or 2 mods that I know of that add friendly dragons, though they aren't super fleshed out and definitely not what I think you're looking for.

The first are the marriageable dragon mods (one male, one female) that add 2 dragons that are SO a-ok with the dragonborn, that they'll get hitched and even cook you dinner like a good spouse. Not voiced, but have the typical marriage text if you have subtitles on.

Next is the Interesting NPCs mod, a massive and HIGHLY recommended mod on its own.

***SPOILERS*** It adds in one (unvoiced) friendly dragon and a girl who saved it and rants about how dragons aren't all bad and not to kill him, etc etc. /***SPOILERS***

What you're asking for could definitely be done, but it would take a lot of work and dedication. The voice acting alone is a pain to get done well and adding quests/events takes a TON of bug testing. Unless a whole team of inspired people jump in, this probably won't happen. :/

Edited by JerisEnigma

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20473/?

This adds some friendly dragons that spawn at times. They don't have any quests or anything, but it's nice for variety. They have female voices to really differentiate themselves from most dragons, but since their size was edited to be a bit smaller, there can be some weird shenanigans when they land.