Mesh not showing up in GECK preview window.

Zazoomah

I am trying to get a mesh in nif format into this game. The mesh was originally a .obj file, and I used nifskope to save it as a nif file. I put the file in data/meshes/weapons/(Mymod'sfolder), where you are suppost to put the nif file in, then I go into the geck, and try to put the mesh in the 3d model preview when you are creating a weapon, but the mesh is invisible and not showing up, and under 3D_Name, it says "Marker_Error0".

What am I doing wrong?

I have no idea what could be causing the "Market_Error0" thing.

But there could be one explanation for your invisible mesh. I ran into this problem but I don't know if it's the same reason with you. For my custom mesh what I had to do was set the correct Shader Flags in nifskope. As the following picture shows only SF_Empty should be checked. http://i.imgur.com/PWeYBwW.png For me whenever I export my .nif from my 3d program it always checks a bunch of wrong Shader Flags. Hope this helps you.

Hm... I can't see the shader flags option in Nifskope...

How do you mean? Like the Shader Flag drop down menu is completely blanked out when you click on them? Because that exact thing happened to me and I solved it by uninstalling and reinstalling. I guess I didn't install it correctly the first time or something. Here's a picture of the problem I had before I reinstalling nifskope: http://i.imgur.com/z0QEEGM.png

Hm... I can't see the shader flags option in Nifskope...

How do you mean? Like the Shader Flag drop down menu is completely blanked out when you click on them? Because that exact thing happened to me and I solved it by uninstalling and reinstalling. I guess I didn't install it correctly the first time or something. Here's a picture of the problem I had before I reinstalling nifskope: http://i.imgur.com/z0QEEGM.png

What I mean is the shader flag drop down menu isn't there... I can't see it anywhere. Double checked twice and still don't see it.

I do see something un-clickable called "Shader ...", But like I said, I can't click on it so I can see what the full name is. I doubt its Shader Flags though, as the other options that are in your screenshot aren't there.

Are you certain you are looking in the correct root/node/thingy? But anyways if the text is really blanked out for you it seems like you've got the same problem I had earlier as shown in one my images. I would suggest uninstalling nifakope then reinstalling. If even after doing that the Shader Flag option is blanked out I don't know. So first unstall nifskope, reinstall, then check to see. Send pictures of your problem if you can.

Hm... Better check I'm in the correct root/node before uninstalling and reinstalling...

Just checked, an apparently, I don't seem to have the same roots, nodes, or options you do... Took a screenshot to show you what I mean... are the options different depending on your mesh?

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/CounterNinja/NIF_zpse6409bd6.png

Edited by Zazoomah

Did you apply a texture to your model in your 3d program before you exported it? Because if you don't do that, if you just export your .nif file from your 3d program without applying your texture material the .nif you you export will not have a BSShaderPPLightingProperty node on your NiTriStrip/Shape.

Did you apply a texture to your model in your 3d program before you exported it? Because if you don't do that, if you just export your .nif file from your 3d program without applying your texture material the .nif you you export will not have a BSShaderPPLightingProperty node on your NiTriStrip/Shape.

I didn't think about applying the texture, I just thought I could apply the texture in the GECK like I always do when making a retexture of something... Do I have to apply the texture in Nifskope first?

Alright... Looks like I'll look up some tutorial on youtube then... Can't do anything now though as I have to do something.

Open up literally ANY other .nif from the game and you'll see that you are missing most of the basic structure of what a .nif is.

See, the GECK handles pretty much everything having to do with game-art using the .nif file format: textures, materials, collision, particles, etc. etc.

The file extension is not comparable to an .obj or other 3D format. It's like a package. At a bare minimum, a .nif includes material properties along with some kind of nitristrips (your .obj) and in the case of static objects, 'BSX' flags which tell the game what kind of static object it is.