? for the animation masters

Let’s say I was working on a gymnasium and I wanted to include a heavy duty punching bag suspended from the ceiling with chains. I would like to include the Maximo roundhouse kick motion captured animation, and have the punching bag dynamically respond to the force of the player/NPC’s kick. In 3ds Max there is something called massFX which I think could be used to set this up; however, I don’t think MassFx is compatible with the FO4 exporter. Which leads me to the two questions: 1) How would one set this up under the HAVOK context; and 2) What export routine would one use?

For those not familiar with Mixamo Motion Captured Animations

I think KernalsEgg’s Custom Furniture Animation Tutorial will go a long way helping me figure out how to incorporate the Mixamo animations; but some help or ideas on setting up the dynamic punching bag would be welcome

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20651?tab=images&BH=1

This mod has a physics punching bag. Just a physics mesh to wobble or deflect from impacts and collisions. This is not difficult to do. It is done in the same way as any object with physics, only the bone / bones on which it dangles is added. But it won't interact with animation. Try to put the physics object next to the npc, or the player and play the playidle animation. Will the character interact with these objects during the animation? If so, then making such a punching bag is elementary. If not, then it is difficult to do it.

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/Whu66QXsFPJMnQ

Edited by South8028

Thanks.ÃÂ I need to experiment with bones as I had totally forgotten about them.

Checked it out. I tried to do it on meshes with physics, linked one after another to a static mesh with an connect point on the ceiling. Tried adding both a workshop object and a prop in chemlab. Instant departure. Probably you can't make a bunch of linked meshes with physics. There is only one such object. Accordingly, bones are needed.

Edited by South8028