Modern electronics

luciusGhost

So, I've done a little searching around the forums since the release of Fallout 3 and usually came up empty handed. Throwing this idea (request) for anyone who wants to do something with it.

Modern day electronics

The bombs fall in late 2000s, yet most home electronics are ripped from the 50s - 70s. I get it. The game has its own retro theme, which I'm fine with. However, it would be great to walk into a random home in the wasteland and find a 52 inch plasma screen hanging on the wall. It would be also nice to find an iPod laying around in a bedroom, workstation, or at GNR. Would be actually interesting if some holodisks were actually iPods. Find an iPod and listen to a podcast (like the holodisk audio files in the game) from the 21st cen. or a tape/digital recorder to listen to notes or dictations.

Above all else, for any modder that likes this idea or that is currently working on a similar idea, I would like to see new computer terminals in the form of desktops, laptops, wall units, etc..

A little food for thought for you.

Well, the timeline is different since 50's I think, so there is no Apple company at all...

And the canon says there were no transistors invented, so...how could a tube-operating ipod look like? And plasma-screen without transistor? You gotta be kiddin me.

Think. All TV sets you could find in game are CRT based. Even the pipboy on your hand has CRT. So, there are no plasmas at all, except plasma weapons.

The world's just different, and some things doesnt fit there at all.

Sure such things could be made, but it would not be Fallout at all anymore then, but something else.

Fallout universe is built on how ppls in the -50s thought the world would look like in 100 years (2050) along with that eras scare of communism & atomic bomb wars.

And I would vomit over any I-pod I found.... "mp3 player" with a cool name... best marketing trick ever

Archived