Modder looking for work

Artparker

Skyrim: Awesome, but unfulfilling.

My free time: Lame, because of the above.

Solution: Modding is crazy creative and makes me feel fuzzy...even though some people "want to stab themselves in the eyes with needles", I, however, do not.

My skills: Creation kit is crazy fun, though full of bugs, scripts and navmesh errors, I still enjoy it tremendously. Enjoying things tremendously is a skill.

Seriously I like creating complex buildings, moving textures and objects around in ways others may have never imagined. See my mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32632/?, and my first mod for example: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16967/? (it's very complex for a noob, i'm super cereal, it was a learning experience and a testament to my ambition.)

I can't create quests, not because I don't have the aptitude, but because I haven't had the patience to learn it yet. So I stick with what I know: detailed level design.

I also have recording equipment and play guitar (for many people often; many being more than 75), so I'm willing to do sound recordings which I'D LOVE to do, since I'm crazy eccentric. I think.

Give me some direction and I'll give you magic. GO!

*I follow through with my work*

If you're interested in being part of a long term project, As Night Began is recruiting! You can see the recruitment topic here, and we have our forum section for the mod hosted at Dark Creations. The project has been a bit quite lately, as the four people working on it are doing their things, but there's plenty of level design to be done. I'm learning the quest design mechanics right now, and am getting close to posting the first side quest.

This is a rather long term deal, so if you don't want to stay on it forever, it's fine, especially if it peters out and ends up as just me building things. It it definitely well started already due to work I've put into it over the last year or so, though.

Getting started making levels is easy, you just pick a claim (I have both interior and exterior locations available), and post what you plan to do on the topic for the claim type.

I think everyone hates how items are placed in the game. The game grabs things by the center instead of the top, causing the item to spin. When i bought breeze home, i decided to loot everything and place items of my own inside, and it took about two hours to place a couple gems in a basket and some armor and books on the shelves. I gurentee you thousands of people would love it if someone made a mod that fixes or just aids in the placing of items, or better yet, fixes them to a specific location. I dont know how difficult something like this would be to make, or if its even possible, but this always comes to mind. Edited by alex98784

Here is your direction:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/544756-wipz-the-depths-of-tamriel/page-2

Author made it to 90% completion stage, then lost incentive to keep working and abandoned the project. He said he will willingly give all assets if someone decides to finish the dungeon (which will be the biggest in Skyrim).

Contact him. Take the ropes. Finish it. And you'll be praised like God :smile:

ps/ watched your mod screenshots... nevermind pal. Just do small dungeon with no quests but few unique bosses.

Edited by mindw0rk2