Converting oblivion objects to skyrim objects

yetibear

Hi yall.

I am sure there are tutorials but for the life of me I can't find them.

So here goes, I have permission to use some of the objects in one of my oblivion mods in my skyrim mod but I have no idea how to make it work it just shows as a red box with an exclamation mark. Can someone tell me how to convert oblivion objects to skyrim objects. I'm trying to convert some custom animated display cases.

I have

Display nif

Texture dds

Texture n_dds

All areas arecomplete for oblivion, don't know if I have to remake any part of it or if I can still use the meshes and textures from oblivion.

Tried placing them all in skyrim folders and telling nif where to find textures-Didn't work.

PLEASE HELP. I think i'm loosing my sanity somewhere.

Import the Oblivion NIFs into Blender and follow this tutorial to make a Skyrim Compatible NIF.

you have to recreate them for skyrim.

we're not allowed to port anything over from say Oblivion made by Obsidian to Skyrim made by Betheseda.

Oblivion was made by Bethesda ;)

You can convert content made by modders for Oblivion over to Skyrim as long as you have permission, you can't convert vanilla content though.

What about the opposite? Can we convert Skyrim objects to Oblivion?

I want to convert Lord Haun's Magicka Saber http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3174 to Oblivion

so I can use the saber hilts for my lightsaber mod http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/34766.

Permission granted.

Thanks.

If you're talking about vanilla content, it can't be done...not legally. And uploading it anywhere would get you in trouble.

HOWEVER - that said - if you can get a modder's permission to use their own custom content, it can't be too hard...perhaps DoubleBrewski could help you. He's uploaded DemonZariche's Crisis Core Buster Sword on the Nexus, I'd be willing to bet he knows.