Saves Won't Load

Wererommel

8-21-21

I messed up. This time it was by updating my mods with the help of Vortex, specifically these ones:

Bodyslide and Outfit Studio

Dynamic Things Alternative

Equippable Underwear for NPCs

Face Discoloration Fix

Genesis Unleashed Levelled Dungeons

Haafstad and the Border of High Rock

Immersive Interactions

Nyhus and the border of Cyrodill

Papyrus Extender SSE

Realistic Water Two SE

Unofficial Skyrim Creation Club Content Patches

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

VIGILANT Voiced – English Addon SE

Wyrmstooth

I made two mistakes: I installed some of the same updates twice, because some downloaded automatically and some didn’t, and after paying donations to the authors, there was no prompt to tell me which was which. Also, I forgot whether my Creation Club quests started automatically, so I chose “not” only to discover my game was set the other way, so I had to reinstall the Creation Club Patches.

I have attempted the following remedies: The FNIS tool, ReSaver, LOOT and cleaning the mods with SSEEdit. Also, I tried booting from Steam and from the Launcher (without loading any saves). And I created a new game with the existing load and saved it, then returning to the main menu and loading an old save. None of this helps; I still can’t load my old saves.

If anyone has any suggestions, short of “start a new game”, I would be interested to hear them.

Installing updates multiple times with Vortex is fine. Not something you want to do - but it won't hurt.

You might have damaged your installation by thrashing - but maybe not. Next time - ask here - sooner.

Try disabling all your mods and Deploy.

Try to start your game. Does it come up?

If it does, start enabling a few mods at a time and Deploy.

Keep doing this until you find the broken mod. Might be an LE mod with a BSA. Those crash with no warnings.

Oh - and don't ever run Loot separately. It is built into Vortex.

Edited by rmm200

Guest deleted34304850

this isnt a vortex problem, but given the brief description of the blind panic steps you took, you've wrecked whatever save you had. so start a new game is your only option.