dragon attack alarms!

MootsMods

Okay so my idea is to have an alarm sound of some type be it a siren, a horn, or bell of some kind be triggered in a city or hold when a dragon approaches.

I think this would greatly add to realism in gameplay and I've yet to find a mod like this.

What do you think? Is it even possible?

I am envisioning an animation where there are men at the main gates tugging a bell rope, or sounding trumpets, or cranking some kind of archaic siren or heck maybe even just banging on gongs! It could even be a different type of alarm depending on the hold.

For instance, if you're in an orc settlement they'd be banging on stuff, or in a small village they'd ring a bell, or in a major city sounding horns! This could be really awesome you guys. I know it sounds like a major undertaking with scripting sound, animating, and design. But this could be a great mod.

What are your thoughts and suggestions?

Well, when Dragons attack, Skyrim plays the combat music anyway.

And, if you have the right mod, when Dragons attack the guards will tell everyone to Run For Your Lives and get off the streets so they don't all get killed. And they will all Run for their Lives.

Same sort of thing that happens When Vampires Attack.

~.~

Right.. :/

But you've missed the mark completely! Wouldn't you agree that the eerie sound of an alarm would heighten the anticipation of the attack? I don't know.. I just like the sound of air sirens and such.

Besides, I play with the music turned off. I like it to be as real as possible. And the music just ruins it for me, as it does with most games I play. I like to feel as though I am really there. ;)

you could just change the combat music to air sirens sounds. Although, it would play during ALL combat, not just dragons. But when the NPC's Run for their lives, i assume there's a script that tells them its a dragon or a vampire, you could use that to trigger your air siren.