[LE] Import/Export Skyrim LE & SE meshes directly from Blender

BadPup

OOOOOOOK.

Nice tool: I used it to import body, feet and hands to Blender and rig my armor.

And I have no idea, what to do next)

How to export my rigged meshes to nif? Do I need to perform some preparations, dunno?

My armor separeted between 3 blend files: gloves (1 object), boots (6 objects) and body - top (5 objects) and shorts (5 objects). Should I merge it? Or what? Thanks.

Just export. Anything selected will be exported. The name will be taken from the active object. If you select multiple meshes they will all be exported to the same nif. If they're all parented to the same armature, that will be used whether you select it or not.

Just export. Anything selected will be exported. The name will be taken from the active object. If you select multiple meshes they will all be exported to the same nif. If they're all parented to the same armature, that will be used whether you select it or not.

How I will understand if I did everything right? How I can check if rig exported fine? I'm a total newb in nif format.

Edited by GentleJack

(1) load it up in game

(2) get the latest version of nifskope and see if it looks right there. If you're doing any serious modding you want nifskope.

OOOOOOOK.

I don't know how it relates to your plugin (maybe completely not), but I will appreciate, if you can help me somehow.

So I made a esp and wear my modded armor ingame :D

1st - boots and body parts are too large. Maybe 10 times, I don't know - SOLVED - my stupid. I didn't apply mesh transforms in Blender.

2nd - gloves not large (good) but very deformed (bad) - SOLVED - see previous point.

3rd - normal map is working (good) but color map not - ingame meshes have even purple color - still actual. Looking for solution.

4th - some strange behaviour of boots armor part - in nifscope all objects are on the place, but in game present only 1 object from 6.

Anyway, I see that it rigged somehow. - CANCELED - the rig is fine! Your plugin and veight transfer option works great together! I rig my armor in several clicks! Bless you, bro!

A WISH: add feature of applying mirror modifier while exporting, please.

Edited by GentleJack

Applying modifiers on export is on the wishlist.

If by "color map" you mean the UV map, the game shows that bright pink/purple when it can't find the texture file. Have a look in the nif to see what texture files got written, if any. Make sure they aren't overwritten by a texture set in the esp (unless you want them to be).

There's a few things that can cause armor parts to not show up. Check it in CK and see that you can see the mesh itself in the armor addon. If that works, it's probably the body part numbers--check that the one in the nif matches the AA.

SOOOOOOOOOO

I'm back. I solved texture problem by compressing dds diffuse maps with BC1. I still have to learn magic of combining normals and speculars in one file, but this is not in priority.

Nif files in Nifscope and armor addons in CK look good and complete. But in game - boots appeared partially, and shorts (I want players to have possibility to wear shorts and top separately, if they want) completely not showing. WTf? What could it be?

Speculars are just the alpha channel, which photoshop will let you manipulate directly.

Separate pants and top aren't a thing in vanilla skyrim. You'll have to look at the unofficial slot assignments (nifskope shows them) and choose a different slot for either bottom or top. Make sure both nif and AA record reference the same slot.

Dunno what's up with the boots, but there is a calf vs foot armor slot and it's possible that they were partially knocked out because of that.

Ф

Speculars are just the alpha channel, which photoshop will let you manipulate directly.

Separate pants and top aren't a thing in vanilla skyrim. You'll have to look at the unofficial slot assignments (nifskope shows them) and choose a different slot for either bottom or top. Make sure both nif and AA record reference the same slot.

Dunno what's up with the boots, but there is a calf vs foot armor slot and it's possible that they were partially knocked out because of that.

Ahahaha! I did it! The problem was in BSDismemberSkinInstance block. When I edit partition values and adjust it in CK, everything appeared ingame!

Now I have 2 more objectives to complete my mod and upload it on Nexus:

1) Add Bodyslide;

2) Merge normals and speculars in one texture.

Maybe you should add to your plugin some feature about this partitions? Maybe, to give user choice before export with which partition this meshes should be connected, dunno?

I should say it again: your plugin is awesome, dude.

Edited by GentleJack