[WIP] Warhammer 40K Imperial Weapons

Dreganius

Keep in mind a standard bolt is .75 caliber. That is just shy of 20mm, and a bit bigger than a 12 gauge shotgun shell. I can't remember where I read it (i'll have to go through my fluff) but a standard bolter fires in three modes, single, 4 round burst, and full auto. They never do give the size of a heavy bolt shell though. I have some free time coming soon. I'm going to model a Stalker Pattern Bolter, and the Vindicare Assassin weapons.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It states that it's .75 caliber here:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Bolter

The Bolter is a large, .75 caliber assault rifle. It has a much greater mass than most standard-issue rifles such as the Lasgun, although it is slightly shorter in length. Unlike most rifles, it lacks a stock, resulting in a grip much like a pistol's or submachine gun's. A Space Marine's bulky armor would make shouldering a stock an awkward experience, but power armor is most likely also able to compensate for vibrations and oscillation, making a stock redundant. Stocks are sometimes used, however, with an extended barrel and an M40 Targeter System to transform the bolter into a sniping weapon system. These sniper-bolters are most often used with Stalker Silenced Shells.

Hehehe ;)

• 2 weeks later...

PLEASE PLEASE RELEASE THEM!

Your murdering me with the suspense... I already have the armor...

AND I WANT A #*%&*# HEAVY BOLTER!

Sorry if I pressured you, your really great at textures :D

I just want them so bad >:(