Could Someone Please Review my Build?

DressToImpress

About the PSU, could you recommend me one maybe?

The case I'm getting supports standard ATX PS/2 size PSUs, and I would like at least 600 watts just to be safe.

I don't think you need 600W, 550 should be enough but it'll definitely work on 600. When it comes to PSUs, my recommendation is always the same - take the cheapest one, that's how I do it and I never had a problem.

As for the cooler, so far I haven't seen a CPU shipped along with a heatsink, do you have more info on that?

About the PSU, could you recommend me one maybe?

The case I'm getting supports standard ATX PS/2 size PSUs, and I would like at least 600 watts just to be safe.

I don't think you need 600W, 550 should be enough but it'll definitely work on 600. When it comes to PSUs, my recommendation is always the same - take the cheapest one, that's how I do it and I never had a problem.

As for the cooler, so far I haven't seen a CPU shipped along with a heatsink, do you have more info on that?

I discovered that the stock cooler that comes with the CPU is under 80mm tall, so that's enough I think.

And the cheapest PSU is a Raidmax one, but everyone on Newegg says it breaks after a few months!

thats like the complete opposite of a recommendation you should give with a PSU. there are many areas you can skimp on in a Custom PC, but the PSU is not one of them. now if by cheapest you mean you dont need to get a 1200W PSU then yes. you dont need to overkill on Wattage. 600W is usually enough for most PCs. however, if you mean to actually find whichever one is the cheapest, then i hugely disagree. the PSU runs your entire PC. a cheap PSU could potentially ruin your entire PC. a cheap 600W PSU might only really be able to put out 500W. a cheap PSU is probably horribly unefficient. a cheap PSU will explode if pushed at all, and a cheap PSU wont be able to handle a power surge or something....on the other side, a good quality 600W PSU could probably handle up to 700W (not saying you should do that, but they can) and by handle i mean they are stable and usually still very effience at those loads. efficiency is also key. when buying a PSU you should be looking for something that is 80 Plus certified. it just means its efficient under load, and is at least a decent quality PSU..a good PSU also will not explode if pushed to its limits, and can handle power being cut off abruptly or being surged. ofc there is always exceptions and whatnot. you could buy a crappy Chinese PSU and never have problems, or you could buy a quality Seasonic PSU and have it die in a week. but tis the world of computers.

good PSUs are Corsair and Seasonic. i personally have a Seasonic...

thats like the complete opposite of a recommendation you should give with a PSU. there are many areas you can skimp on in a Custom PC, but the PSU is not one of them. now if by cheapest you mean you dont need to get a 1200W PSU then yes. you dont need to overkill on Wattage. 600W is usually enough for most PCs. however, if you mean to actually find whichever one is the cheapest, then i hugely disagree. the PSU runs your entire PC. a cheap PSU could potentially ruin your entire PC. a cheap 600W PSU might only really be able to put out 500W. a cheap PSU is probably horribly unefficient. a cheap PSU will explode if pushed at all, and a cheap PSU wont be able to handle a power surge or something....on the other side, a good quality 600W PSU could probably handle up to 700W (not saying you should do that, but they can) and by handle i mean they are stable and usually still very effience at those loads. efficiency is also key. when buying a PSU you should be looking for something that is 80 Plus certified. it just means its efficient under load, and is at least a decent quality PSU..a good PSU also will not explode if pushed to its limits, and can handle power being cut off abruptly or being surged. ofc there is always exceptions and whatnot. you could buy a crappy Chinese PSU and never have problems, or you could buy a quality Seasonic PSU and have it die in a week. but tis the world of computers.

good PSUs are Corsair and Seasonic. i personally have a Seasonic...

The case says it supports standard size PSUs, it also says it only supports up to 140mm long, so that's definetely something to keep in mind.

Also, I realized that I don't need 600 watts of power! The estimated wattage is under 400 watts so a 550 watt psu is plenty!

This is the one I think I'm getting at the moment : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016

It says the dimensions are 3.4" x 5.9" x 6.1", but I'm only assuming its L x W x H so correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by DressToImpress

a cheap PSU could potentially ruin your entire PC.

Potentially, yes. However, potentially, an expensive PSU can make a clusterf*** out of your PC as well. Capacitors can go to hell on any PSU and in turn stop stabilizing the voltage coming out of the AC/DC (http://pkmn-argentina.com/foros/images/smilies/rock-on.gif) converter. Then the converter itself can stop working. Or maybe the simplest one of all reasons, a wire can burn out (common on cars and powerful PCs due to high-power 12V, less common on 115/230V).

And no, I didn't mean get the cheapest PSU by saying that, I meant get one that's not too expensive, and has less power than 600W. But even if he were to buy the cheapest possible 600W PSU, it would work fine on a PC that uses cca 2/3 of that. I bought the cheapest 450W PSU for my PC, and this thing I got uses cca 175W, works like a charm for more than 3 years now.

Edited by Werne

reread the last line in my paragraph. i said that you could buy the cheapest one available and be fine, or the most expensive one and get f*#@ed. it happened. but i would still place my money, extra money if needed, on a good PSU with a good rep over some random chinese brand or what have you any day.