Scripting help? Moving npc to player after sleep

NyXio

Hi, I've been trying to work this out for hours but seems no matter what combinations I use, I can't get this script to compile. I'm trying to enable then teleport a custom character to the player after they sleep, but I keep getting errors with the MoveTo function. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My script is currently:

Scriptname Sin06PlayerScript extends ReferenceAlias

event OnSleepStart(float atSleepStartTime, float atDesiredSleepEndTime)

Sin.getRef().Enable()
Sin.MoveTo(Game.Getplayer()( 200, 0, 0)
UnregisterForSleep()
endevent

I have an alias set up for Sin and the player, but still receive these error messages:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...

Compiling "Sin06PlayerScript"...
X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\Sin06PlayerScript.psc(6,28): mismatched input '(' expecting RPAREN
X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\Sin06PlayerScript.psc(6,32): required (...)+ loop did not match anything at input ','
X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\Sin06PlayerScript.psc(6,35): required (...)+ loop did not match anything at input ','
X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\Sin06PlayerScript.psc(6,38): required (...)+ loop did not match anything at input ')'
No output generated for Sin06PlayerScript, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on Sin06PlayerScript

I'm guessing perhaps commas and/or brackets are in the wrong place?

Took it out but still won't work :( just returns these errors:

Compiling "SinSleepScriptX"...
X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SinSleepScriptX.psc(6,32): mismatched input '200' expecting RPAREN
X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SinSleepScriptX.psc(6,38): required (...)+ loop did not match anything at input ','
X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SinSleepScriptX.psc(6,41): required (...)+ loop did not match anything at input ')'
No output generated for Sin06PlayerScript, compilation failed.

Aha never mind, I think I have it sorted now. I placed the actor (Sin) in game and changed the script to:

Scriptname SinSleepScriptX extends ReferenceAlias

event OnSleepStart(float atSleepStartTime, float atDesiredSleepEndTime)

Sin.getActorRef().Enable()
Sin.getActorRef().MoveTo(Game.Getplayer(), 200, 0, 0)
UnregisterForSleep()
endevent

That seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for your help :)

• 10 months later...

I have the exact same script, only with a setstage included. It compiles, but the NPC never appears (and setstage works because I do get the updated objctive to kill the NPC that failed to appear). The script is presently attached to the player alias. I have also tried having the script just handle changing the quest stage and having the appropriate stage fragment handle the teleport, but that also failed to provide results. The presense and absense of the ", 200, 0, 0)" at the end of the moveto line does not make a difference.

Scriptname MyQuestNameSleepAttack extends ReferenceAlias  

Quest Property MyQuestNameProperty  Auto  
ReferenceAlias Property Assassin  Auto  

event OnSleepStart(float afSleeptStartTime, float afDesiredSleepEndTime)
    Assassin.getActorRef().Enable()  
    Assassin.getRef().MoveTo(Game.Getplayer())
    GetOwningQuest().SetStage(20)
endevent

Any ideas?

I have the exact same script, only with a setstage included. It compiles, but the NPC never appears (and setstage works because I do get the updated objctive to kill the NPC that failed to appear). The script is presently attached to the player alias. I have also tried having the script just handle changing the quest stage and having the appropriate stage fragment handle the teleport, but that also failed to provide results. The presense and absense of the ", 200, 0, 0)" at the end of the moveto line does not make a difference.

event OnSleepStart(float afSleeptStartTime, float afDesiredSleepEndTime)
    Assassin.getActorRef().Enable()  
    Assassin.getRef().MoveTo(Game.Getplayer())
endevent

Any ideas?

Try:

Event OnSleepStart(float afSleeptStartTime, float afDesiredSleepEndTime)
    Assassin.GetActorRef().Enable()  
    Assassin.GetActorRef().MoveTo(Game.Getplayer())
    UnregisterForSleep()
EndEvent

Not entirely sure if that will work, but give it a shot.

Is it something weird like the script has a property called Assassin that refers to an alias called Assassin and it doesnt really like that, or something else outside the script itself that is not set up fully?

You could try making a new mod - just for purposes of testing this script, and then try it and see if it works. Sometimes the CK just screws things up.

Also, you should check out the Dark Brotherhood script. The player gets moved to the warehouse, but you could try reverse-scripting it so instead of the player getting moved somewhere, the assassin gets moved to the player.