ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Constant CTD problem keeps coming up in my saves. At wits end here....

Altrus

Before I begin, I just want to say thanks to anyone who came to this thread looking to help. I've been trying to fix this problem for the past two days and just plain don't know what to do now.

First, I downloaded all the dlc yesterday and that is when the problem started. Anytime I tried to load a save of my current character I received a CTD. I tried a few things to fix it, uninstalling all the mods I currently had installed one by one and trying to load, when that didn't work I completely uninstalled Skyrim and re installed and that save still wouldn't work((new saves would work but not this save or any of the saves of this character before the newest point))

So I started a new character and just used console commands to add exp to my skills until it nearly matched my old character((around lvl 30)) and then re installed my mods one by one looking for a crash. I went through all the mods looking for incompatibility with dlc and the only one I came across was the UFO mod and Dragonborn but that seemed to only apply to DB followers. I also made sure I they where all up to date and none where conflicting((most of my mods are just texture, climate, an enb, the unofficial patches, UFO, and some weapons and armor addition mods))

Now, the new character CTDed while I was doing the Clavicus Vile quest((one I had never done on the old character)) and now CTDs whenever I try to load the save or any of the saves associated with that character. This was after playing with this character for a good five hours or so or more.

Additionally, I get what appear to be the same Errors in the Papyrus.txt that I was getting with the other character.

I also tried BOSS for the first time to check my load order which didn't get changed very much, no warnings either just a few BASH notes and dirty edits. ((I might not be right in thinking these aren't that big of a problem))
Tried most of the general fixes like, uGrid, sound kHz, and compatibility modes.

I also just unistalled avast anitvirus to try loading and didn't help, I have not tried redownloading the game without this installed yet.

I honestly have no idea where to go from here.

This is my load order, with some clarification on certain abbreviate ones:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
SPIKE.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
SplashofRain.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SkyUI.esp
BloodWitchArmor.esp
Evil MasterMind Armor.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Medusa and Drakul Armors.esp
OMageCommonRobes.esp
SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp ((Skyrim Flora Overhaul))
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hardcore.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Cold.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-1.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp
UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp
SRIlta.esp ((SR -Five custom followers, found in Whiterun))
SRIsaka.esp
SRKirsikka.esp
SRMaisa.esp
SRSarasta.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Raven Witch Armor.esp
Apex Werewolf.esp
Mavari Armor.esp
Contractor Armor.esp
WATER.esp
WATER Plants.esp
WATER DB.esp
SBF Lydia.esp ((Skyrim Beatiful Followers- As far as I know these only change face and hair of these followers))
SBF Mjoll.esp
SBF Iona.esp
SBF Brelyna.esp
SBF Jenassa.esp
SBF Jordis.esp
SBF Rayya.esp
SBF Serana.esp
SBF Frea.esp
SBF Aela.esp

[edit] Forgot, I also have the Skyrim HD-2k Textures for Riften, twons, MIsc, Landscape, and Dungeons.
And most of aMidianBorns weapons, armor and unique textures.
And SG female texture mod. Is this too many texture mods?

I'd like to think I don't have too many mods installed because it doesn't seem like a large amount to me,

This is what boss tells me, Recognized:

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

• Skyrim.esm Active
  • Update.esm Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
    • Contains dirty edits: 92 ITM, 3 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Dawnguard.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 619 ITM, 82 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • HearthFires.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 184 ITM, 11 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Dragonborn.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 61 ITM, 8 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • ApachiiHair.esm Active
  • ApachiiHairFemales.esm Active
  • ApachiiHairMales.esm Active
  • ClimatesOfTamriel.esm Active
  • SPIKE.esm Active
  • HighResTexturePack01.esp Active
  • HighResTexturePack02.esp Active
  • HighResTexturePack03.esp Active
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active
  • Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Active
  • Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Active
  • Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}}
  • Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp Active
  • Better Dynamic Snow.esp Active
  • SplashofRain.esp Active
  • StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp Active
  • StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp Active
  • Chesko_WearableLantern.esp Active
  • Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp Active
  • Auto Unequip Ammo.esp Active
  • RaceMenu.esp Active
  • RaceMenuPlugin.esp Active
    • Note: RaceMenuPlugin is optional and provides support to alter Height, Breast, Glute and Biceps. If you experience issues with it, disable RaceMenuPlugin.esp and inform the author.
  • SkyUI.esp Active
  • BloodWitchArmor.esp Active
  • Evil MasterMind Armor.esp Active
  • hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 7 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Medusa and Drakul Armors.esp Active
  • OMageCommonRobes.esp Active
  • SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp Active
    • Note: Uninstall old version of Skyrim Flora Overhaul if using SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp
  • aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp Active
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hardcore.esp Active
    • Incompatible with: Realistic Lighting Overhaul
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Cold.esp Active
    • Incompatible with: Realistic Lighting Overhaul
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-1.esp Active
  • UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp Active
    • Note: For safe install need dismiss all your followers, save, delete all included mods, load again, save and install UFO. For safe uninstall or update see special instructions on mod page.
    • Contains dirty edits: 18 ITM, 0 UDR records Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 18 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 29 ITM, 18 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • SRIlta.esp Active
  • SRIsaka.esp Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 1 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • SRKirsikka.esp Active
  • SRMaisa.esp Active
  • SRSarasta.esp Active
  • Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp Active
  • WATER.esp Active
  • WATER Plants.esp Active
  • WATER DB Waves.esp Active

These are unrecognized:

• Raven Witch Armor.esp Active
  • Apex Werewolf.esp Active
  • Mavari Armor.esp Active
  • Contractor Armor.esp Active
  • SBF Lydia.esp Active
  • SBF Mjoll.esp Active
  • SBF Iona.esp Active
  • SBF Brelyna.esp Active
  • SBF Jenassa.esp Active
  • SBF Jordis.esp Active
  • SBF Aela.esp Active
  • SBF Frea.esp Active
  • SBF Rayya.esp Active
  • SBF Serana.esp Active

Which these are 3 new armors by Zerofrost, a werewolf re texture by him, and then the face and hair changes for the Skyrim Beatiful Followers mod

And this is the papyrus log:

[07/27/2013 - 04:38:58PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[07/27/2013 - 04:38:58PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[07/27/2013 - 04:38:58PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)
[07/27/2013 - 04:39:12PM] Cannot open store for class "dlc1scwispwallscript", missing file?
[07/27/2013 - 04:39:12PM] Cannot open store for class "DLC2BenthicLurkerFXSCRIPT", missing file?
[07/27/2013 - 04:39:13PM] Error: Unable to bind script DLC2WaterScript to (0401AAD8) because their base types do not match
[07/27/2013 - 04:39:20PM] warning: Property pTG05KarliahInvisibilitySpell on script QF_TG05_00021551 attached to TG05 (00021551) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/27/2013 - 04:39:20PM] warning: Property TG05KarliahInvisibilitySpell on script tg06questscript attached to TG06 (00021552) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/27/2013 - 04:39:20PM] warning: Property HircinesRingPower on script companionshousekeepingscript attached to C00 (0004B2D9) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/27/2013 - 04:39:21PM] VM is freezing...
[07/27/2013 - 04:39:21PM] VM is frozen
[07/27/2013 - 04:39:21PM] Reverting game...
[07/27/2013 - 04:39:21PM] Error: Unable to bind script DLC2WaterScript to (0401AAD8) because their base types do not match
[07/27/2013 - 04:39:21PM] warning: Property HircinesRingPower on script companionshousekeepingscript attached to C00 (0004B2D9) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/27/2013 - 04:39:21PM] warning: Property pTG05KarliahInvisibilitySpell on script QF_TG05_00021551 attached to TG05 (00021551) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/27/2013 - 04:39:21PM] warning: Property TG05KarliahInvisibilitySpell on script tg06questscript attached to TG06 (00021552) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Hircines, Karliah, and waterscript ones being ones I remember from the last characters crash log.

What happens is I'll start the game, click to load the savefile, the load screen will come up, I'll see the lore text, the model, a lvl, and then about 3 seconds in straight to desktop. No freezing, no none responsiveness, just straight to it.

My system specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Geforce gtx670 4GB
i5-3570k GPU 3.40 GHZ

8GB RAM
1TB HDD

So, I've run out of ideas, anyone know what might be causing this or what I should try next or any additionaly info you need?. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Edited by Altrus

Here is my suggestion.

1. Go to STEP and follow the directions to revert to vanilla skyrim.

2. Start a new game, do not attempt to apply an old save, it will not work and may reintroduce corruption back into your now clean game.

3. Do not make any changes at all until you exit Helgen (the other option is to start with an alternate start mod to avoid the Helgen sequence.)

4, Before making any changes, read everything available on the subject. If it is a mod, read every last word of the readme, description, discussion thread, everything. If it is an ini change, google it, visit a few reputable sources and determine if it is worth trying. Just because one guy puts up a list of his ini changes and swears buy it does not mean it will work for you, and it might even make things worse. When considering any change, mod, .ini file, setting, whatever, consider it in light of your own system hardware and software and the other mods/changes you intend to make. Investigate any possible conflicts before adding it.

5. When you are ready to make any changes (mods, ini settings, anything) attempt only 1 or two at a time. If it's a mod, run BOSS, read the log and address any messages. In any case, play a bit to test for stability, performance, and compatibility. Make sure to properly place the unrecognized mods as instructed by the mod author, or use TESEdit or WryeBAsh, or if all else fails, place it with similar mods that are recognized, though that is more trial and error.

6. If you notice any negative effect of your change (not just crashes, but performance loss, glitches, anything), Stop. Do not attempt to keep playing and definitely do not add any new variables into your system. Investigate the possible causes. If it is a mod and you want to try to remove it, then remove it, but be sure to follow the author's removal instructions exactly. To be safe, go back to the save from just before you added it. (This is easy of you are slowly adding mods, but extremely painful if you add everything at once, play a bunch and have no idea where the problem lies. ) This will also help you avoid with script problems from removed mods that will continue and may get worse.

7. If you get stuck, post a detailed question before you get frustrated.

8 Once you get your mods and other changes the way you want them, your game is stable and performing well, then stop. Every time you add or change any variable, you are inviting instability. If a new mod shows up and you think you just have to have it, ask yourself if it is worth having to start all over for--because, you may have to. If the answer is yes, then go ahead and try it and if your game crashes, well, you were willing to take the risk.

Finally, I personally suggest avoiding the Steam workshop for mods, because it will automatically update and sometimes even remove mods in your list, which can cause your game to die. Also, playing with Steam in offline mode will prevent unexpected updates from causing havoc.