ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Increasing FPS

Humancucumber

For a very, very long time I have been searching for a way to boost my FPS in Skyrim by maintaining maximum resolution and the highest settings possible. Having been unable to find a suitable solution online i have tried many different things with no good results until yesterday when i managed to boost my FPS by double in most areas by going to My Documents, My Games, Skyrim, opening SkyrimPrefs.ini and reducing my resolution height by one. It sounds like the most stupid solution but I was wondering if it works for anybody else.

Edited by Humancucumber

Having been unable to find a suitable solution online i have tried many different things with no good results until yesterday when i managed to boost my FPS by double in most areas by going to My Documents, My Games, Skyrim, opening SkyrimPrefs.ini and changing my resolution height by one.

Sounds interesting, but is it +1 or -1?

Edited by Werne

For a very, very long time I have been searching for a way to boost my FPS in Skyrim by maintaining maximum resolution and the highest settings possible. Having been unable to find a suitable solution online i have tried many different things with no good results until yesterday when i managed to boost my FPS by double in most areas by going to My Documents, My Games, Skyrim, opening SkyrimPrefs.ini and reducing my resolution height by one. It sounds like the most stupid solution but I was wondering if it works for anybody else.

I am sorry but I am not very good with computer techinical terms or how hardware works.

Would you care to elaborate how it would work?

I currently run Skyrim with a 1680 x 1050. Would it mean lowering it down to 1400 x 900 or something along those lines?