MODDERS NEEDED!

Spartan0536

I alos am now a memebr of a forensics ballistics site online so I can get actual values and hopefully find a way to accuratley represent them in the GECK.

Wow, thats awesome! What's the site called?

EDIT: I'll post the current version of the Izhmash soon.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of you cease to amaze me, those weapons look awesome just like they do in pics, I will post a link to the firearms forensics site ASAP, Love the smoother modeling on the SV-96, and the Knights xm110 is just stunning in all of its terrifying glory, I will be trying to get ahold of Alexscorpion to talk about him doing a modified version of his sniper gear to make a M99 Bolt Action Single Shot .416 Barrett out of his .50 cal M99 (as he basically has most of the work done on that and there really in no reason to not use that wonderful model of his). will also try incorporate a few more mods to this one as so many people are making wonderful mdos out there so rapidly, I would furthure like to thank Tubal for the Caliber mod which this mod will rely HEAVILY on due to the massive amount of firepower it will bring to the world of fallout 3, all in all this is a community project and will incorporate alot of different mods that will be modified to work with this mod (still working on a name), I will have a complete list of of Modern Assault Rifles, and Handguns soon (expect in 3 days), please do not fret at the amount of modern weapons as we go back into time there will be fewer and fewer weapons to simulate the lack of older and rarer weapons.

Jakobsky: I believe you will be the last modder I will need for sounds and music, what is your experience level and what exactly do you look for in audio (realism or more overpowered), what kind of software do you use to edit, and what kind of audio do you want to focus on in this mod?

Thank you all I am very proud of all of you and am grateful for all of your hard work, if you jave any questions please let me know, I am hard at work trying to find an animator for the weapon reloads but they seem to be extremely busy or hired by another mod at this point, if any of you know of an animator please let me know.

Edit: link to Ballistics site- http://www.firearmsid.com/

Well, I'm glad to be offered the chance too participate, If I'm getting your message right.

Most of my experience comes from source engine games, Which I've done a few weapon reskin packs for, Occasionally helped people I knew making HL2/HL2DM mods when they're audio engineers went temporarily missing, Sounds for a few TF2 maps.. etc. Also played around with HL1 modding and apart from that basically just personal stuff for myself and sometimes my friends. I also tend to just play around with my audio stuff quite a bit as I'm a bit of an audiophile.

What I look for in audio depends on the context, If its a real world rifle I'll try to reproduce the sound realisticly as possible, Even if that means having to get a recording of the weapon firing and majorly clean it up. If I'm doing sounds for say, Some massive ion cannon then I'll go with the beefiest, Most intimidating sound I can find. As for things like footsteps, Doors opening and any environmental effects, I'll go with realism. With music I go for audio that sets the atmosphere of the location it's in or suits the mood of an event.

The 3 pieces of software I mainly use are Audacity with a variety of plugins, FL Studio, Once again with plugins :P and finally Creative WaveStudio 7... With plugins! (Yes WaveStudio7 is allmost a rip off of audacity but there are certain plugins for it audacity just didn't have :( )

Judging by what you said I gather you have more audio modders then me, So perhaps just slot me in where you see fit, I don't mind, I'll enjoy being part of the team regardless.

Anyway, Thanks.

Jakob

Well, I'm glad to be offered the chance too participate, If I'm getting your message right.

Most of my experience comes from source engine games, Which I've done a few weapon reskin packs for, Occasionally helped people I knew making HL2/HL2DM mods when they're audio engineers went temporarily missing, Sounds for a few TF2 maps.. etc. Also played around with HL1 modding and apart from that basically just personal stuff for myself and sometimes my friends. I also tend to just play around with my audio stuff quite a bit as I'm a bit of an audiophile.

What I look for in audio depends on the context, If its a real world rifle I'll try to reproduce the sound realisticly as possible, Even if that means having to get a recording of the weapon firing and majorly clean it up. If I'm doing sounds for say, Some massive ion cannon then I'll go with the beefiest, Most intimidating sound I can find. As for things like footsteps, Doors opening and any environmental effects, I'll go with realism. With music I go for audio that sets the atmosphere of the location it's in or suits the mood of an event.

The 3 pieces of software I mainly use are Audacity with a variety of plugins, FL Studio, Once again with plugins :P and finally Creative WaveStudio 7... With plugins! (Yes WaveStudio7 is allmost a rip off of audacity but there are certain plugins for it audacity just didn't have :( )

Judging by what you said I gather you have more audio modders then me, So perhaps just slot me in where you see fit, I don't mind, I'll enjoy being part of the team regardless.

Anyway, Thanks.

Jakob

I like what I see and as for your experience I am also developing a mod for Source base off the Firearms Mod, Welcome to the mod team, im sure that you will fit right in, I ma going to be releasing the assault weapons and handguns lists very soon (next couple of days) as for now see what you can do with the sniper rifles I posted if you need the link let me know.

New information!!!!!!! After searching through the Firearmsid.com website i found under the graphic picture/movies/3d that they have rendered 3d models of some rounds that I would like to add into the mod and what they should look like before and after. This should help you get a visual clue and this especially goes for you TUBAL i really need you to make a free account and look at this stuff so that you can add more weapon calibers and rounds if you don't mind, I think this will help you out more that you would ever know. Let me know what you think of this site.