Moonshine still

pepperman35

Not ignoring you guys but I am still trying to formulate what I want to do exactly, if anything. At the moment I am editing one of the cabin nifs, which the thought being giving the moonshiner a place to bed down. I have temporarily placed it into the world and added an outhouse. Next, I need to figure out an out building to put the still in with shelving to hold the bottles of shine. Of course, there needs to be a table with some Mason jars for effect..

Have you tried making light yet? I made a quadcopter that flies after the player on the clothing slot, and I want it to act as a remote flashlight. The beam is shining, but the lighting is not working. Everything I tried to do with it according to Chuck's textbook does not work. Either there is no light, or the animation is cut off. (

Sorry but I haven't gotten to making light yet. It is on my list of things to do in the future, specifically a rotating light for the lighthouse. Maybe PM Chuck to see if he has any suggestions?

I managed to figure it out myself. It's just that Chuck wrote an important point about Addon240 at the very end of the tutorial. The BSX flag had to include Bit4 and Bit3. Chuck also probably dislikes Max, prefers nifskop. Most of the things described about ray animation can be done right away in max. Much more convenient than nifskop.

https://youtu.be/ejaeQbOWEDY

Now I need to make sound annotations, more complex animations and make a powerful, long-range spotlight.

A little update ....

Added a facilities for the Moonshiner: Cabin, an outhouse, and an outbuilding for the still.

Added an NPC moonshiner named Doc Pepper, or Dr. Pepper for short :smile:

Working on AI packages: Work, patrol, sleep and general sandbox

Way ahead

Plan to add a doghouse and dog; the dog will accompany the moonshiner on his patrols

Navmesh the area

Need to set up vendor apparatus for him to be able to sell the shine

Dialogue ...probably will just give him the barkeep vendor lines

Never messed with potions before so not sure if or how to make the white lightning unique [research required].

66717096-1632587241.jpg

Edited by pepperman35

A little update ....

Â

Added a facilities for the Moonshiner: Cabin, an outhouse, and an outbuilding for the still.

Added an NPC moonshiner named Doc Pepper, or Dr. Pepper for short :smile:

Working on AI packages: Work, patrol, sleep and general sandbox

Â

Way ahead

Plan to add a doghouse and dog; the dog will accompany the moonshiner on his patrols

Navmesh the area

Need to set up vendor apparatus for him to be able to sell the shine

Dialogue ...probably will just give him the barkeep vendor lines

Â

Never messed with potions before so not sure if or how to make the white lightning unique [research required].

Â

66717096-1632587241.jpg

Ok. I will definitely go there. I hope this guy is not a scientist who escaped from the institute, who undertook to cook chemistry from the heads of supermutants.

Update:

AI packages complete
Doghouse and dog added
Area navmeshed
Vendor apparatus setup to enable seeing on the corn liquor between 1200 and 1600 from his front porch
First pass on a custom dialogue scene. Just text-based at the moment
Way ahead:
Enrich the dialogue scene and voice acting (consider text-to speech apps)
Research potions and effects, and see if I can make Pepper's moonshine unique.

Dr. Pepper Intro

Folks around here call me Pepper, Doctor Pepper.

You see, I come from a long line of moonshiners.

My ancestors were hillbillies, and the coal fields of Southern West Virginia are home.

After Pa died, I inherited the family recipe. Unfortunately, some of my kin didn't see eye-to-eye with Pa's decision, so I migrated northeast to avoid bloodshed.

Now I’m here, making and selling corn liquor to citizens of the Commonwealth.

Okay, Dr. Pepper is now in game with some lines of dialog. Only thing left is to sort out what effects the moonshine should have. All alcohol in game has one common effect -1 intelligence so that seems logical. I hope to sort out some type of visual effect upon consumption, and maybe adding a one liner.

66717096-1633296709.png

Well, this Dr. Pepper looks like he's squeezing moonshine out of stools with his hands. As a hobby, he rips old telephone directories in half and ties tractor springs in knots. ) About the effects ... We need good, devilish effects. It's just that something there is -1, + 1 is not interesting. You need an unforgettable experience. ) Need graphic filters. I'll also see what can be done. There is a Karna's color mod. Need to see how everything is implemented there.

Sorry but I haven't gotten to making light yet. It is on my list of things to do in the future, specifically a rotating light for the lighthouse. Maybe PM Chuck to see if he has any suggestions?

I managed to figure it out myself. It's just that Chuck wrote an important point about Addon240 at the very end of the tutorial. The BSX flag had to include Bit4 and Bit3. Chuck also probably dislikes Max, prefers nifskop. Most of the things described about ray animation can be done right away in max. Much more convenient than nifskop.

Now I need to make sound annotations, more complex animations and make a powerful, long-range spotlight.

Now it's my turn to request a tutorial. I've never explored any of the Bethesda tools in Max, and have no idea how to do any of the things I do in Nifskope with 3ds Max. Can you give me a few pointers? It's not that I don't like using Max, it's just that I never learned what I could do with Bethesda specific applications other that applying materials and exporting animations. In fact, I enjoy working with 3DS Max quite a bit, and prefer the interface to that of Nifskope a lot more.

Edited by ChuckYufarley