Trying to add activators to moving surfaces

greekrage

a) trying to add bed and chairs to boat tied to a floating platform helper

b) want to make a rising platform with a weapon on it (canon for example)

Is this possible ?

Do i need to attach a script to it or maybe a keyword ? giving the option to attach to reference.

You need the AttachRef tab in ObjectReference properties dialog, which lets you attach a reference to another.

There is a limitation: The NIF of the thing you're attaching to needs to have a node in it called REF_ATTACH_NODE. But if the NIF you're using doesn't have that, you can simply add a node yourself with Nifskope.

And another thing: The creation engine has a bug where it sometimes does not properly restore Z position of refattached stuff when loading a save. So if the platform moves up/down, you'll eventually run into this problem. It's possible to work around this bug, but it's extremely complicated to do so. Check my Elevator Framework mod for details. Depending on what you want to do, you could also simply use that framework and not bother with the intricacies.

chair and bed dont give you the attach reference tab at all... ;) thats why i asked...

If there is a way to modify them so that the tab becomes available like a static.. (lol.. sat in a chair inside the cabin of a boat that was rocking and got dizzy .Everything around me was moving)

It is pointless to attach furniture to anything moving. Because the animation itself doesn't move. Furniture flies away, floats away, leaves, but the bones remain where they were. In general, animations behave strangely. If you animate the bed to fly and lie on it, the bed will fly away without a character. The character will continue to animate at the starting point. But if you stand on the bed and start the "playidle" animation, the bones will consider the bed as earth and move synchronously, performing all the maneuvers together with the bed. Need a way to either attach the skeleton to the mobile platform using the bs connect point, or some kind of framework like aaf. Edited by South8028

It is pointless to attach furniture to anything moving. Because the animation itself doesn't move. Furniture flies away, floats away, leaves, but the bones remain where they were. In general, animations behave strangely. If you animate the bed to fly and lie on it, the bed will fly away without a character. The character will continue to animate at the starting point. But if you stand on the bed and start the "playidle" animation, the bones will consider the bed as earth and move synchronously, performing all the maneuvers together with the bed. Need a way to either attach the skeleton to the mobile platform using the bs connect point, or some kind of framework like aaf.

No thats not what i want to use it for...

I basically use boats in most of my mods where water is available (rivers,lakes,ocean etc.)... and like to add one or two that a settler can use so im just trying to attach the bed ive placed to the moving boat(rocking) for visual purposes obviously . It looks weird seeing a boat with 20-30 objects moving in sync except for the bed and chair for example...

It is pointless to attach furniture to anything moving. Because the animation itself doesn't move. Furniture flies away, floats away, leaves, but the bones remain where they were. In general, animations behave strangely. If you animate the bed to fly and lie on it, the bed will fly away without a character. The character will continue to animate at the starting point. But if you stand on the bed and start the "playidle" animation, the bones will consider the bed as earth and move synchronously, performing all the maneuvers together with the bed. Need a way to either attach the skeleton to the mobile platform using the bs connect point, or some kind of framework like aaf.

No thats not what i want to use it for...

I basically use boats in most of my mods where water is available (rivers,lakes,ocean etc.)... and like to add one or two that a settler can use  so im just trying to attach the bed ive placed to the moving boat(rocking) for visual purposes obviously . It looks weird seeing a boat with 20-30 objects moving in sync except for the bed and chair for example...

Haven't you found a way to travel by boat? My character falls off the animated nifs when it reaches the "uGridsToLoad" border from the starting pivot point. The nif disappears for a second, the character falls, the nif appears and continues the animation without the character. I really want to find a way to bind the character to the model, but I don't want to make a new vertibird. I want an animated model with several sequences of looped flight animations. Up, down, left, right, stop.