Crashes when entering a new zone (Passing through a door or in fast tr

Neuromante

EDIT: Woops, sorry for the cut title, can't edit it :sad:

Ok, long post ahead with lot of information.

I bought Fallout New Vegas Ultimate on Steam last summer sale, since then, I've been tinkering around with it and the huge modding capabilities it has. Turns out that my current configuration crashes continuously.

The situation is being my character wanting to go from cell A to cell B. It doesn't matter if any of the cells are interior of exterior, if its fast travel or passing through a door. After several changes, the game crashes. I've managed to replicate the bug just going to the Doc's house in Bright Springs and entering and exiting his house several times.

Now, a bit of lists:

• I have new vegas script extender installed (nvse 3 beta 2)
  • I use Fallout Mod Manager to sort the mods (v 0.13.21)
  • Boss (2.1.1) was used to sort the load order of the mods to a better one.
  • I launch the game from the 4GB enabler through a shortcut which allows Steam to recognize the game, so I can upload screenshots and unlock achievements. I've tried too with the "Launch NVSE" option in the mod manager with similar results.
  • I have tinkered with New Vegas Configator (yes, configator) as an not-so-old thread suggested it. Hilarious crashes ensued after that.
  • I run Windows 7 Service Pack 1 on a 64-bit machine which can run Sleeping Dogs at maximum specs. Maybe its useful tell that I have 8GB of RAM.
  • List of mods:

FaleteNV.png

I saw a post with similar crashes (but different mod list), and it seems it has some kind of weird relation with the 4GB launcher and cell preload config. My guess is that the game is crashing because it doesn't know how to load properly the cell (Even though I enter and exit the same two cells several times), maybe it has something to do with the size of the textures (Gotta check this out, though), but maybe I forgot some compatibility patch or its just that the planets are not lined and I have to wait for Jupiter to be in the correct place (Given the amount of crashes, I would believe this is a correct way to fix the problems :sad: ).

So, any idea on how to make my game work?

Edited by Neuromante

I had the same problem. I'll be honest with you, i have no idea what causes it but i solved it this way (I DON'T GUARANTEE IT WILL WORK FOR YOU):

1- i see in your load order you're not using a merged patch. That is essential for stability n' stuff.

What is a merged patch and how to create one by Gopher (it's a noob-friendly tutorial): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVKe51dRm2M

2- Basically, crashes in new cells happen when the game loads lots of stuff and just collapses. If you're using a HD texture pack this can happen too.

3- A noob solution that helped me a bit is: Uncheck all mods. Load game. Save game. Exit game. Check all mods again. Reload. Sometimes it just works in the save you just used or in your main save. I don't know why.

I hope any of this helps!

Yay, an answer!

And also, kind of solved it, but let's go by parts:

1) I already tried the merged patch thing (A friend guided me through all the process, a nice mess of process, I must say :tongue:) and ended up with half of the mods I had disabled.

2) The problem was due the Ojo Bueno textures. I reinstalled the game, put all the non-graphic mods, launched it and everything was good to go. So now I'm trying to figure out how to launch the game with the textures not crashing my game.

And yeah, I tried the 4GB launcher (The specific for using with NVSE).

Why don't you try NMC's textures? i had problems with ojo bueno textures too. I found that NMC's package caused less ctd's and freezes. You can combine things like UHQ textures for the securitron and victor from ojo bueno too.