Need help with voice acting for the clothes slot animation.

South8028

I have made several types of drones. The ones that hang on the activators were easy to sound by simply adding sound to ck. But a drone - flashlight that flies after the player is in the clothing slot. I don't know how to add audio data to it. I tried adding sound in max along with animation, but this data is not exported to nif. Tried adding sound to light and addonNode (bsvalueNode) to ck - that doesn't work either. Maybe there is some kind of solution?

Do the drone deploy and retract? If so, you might could use a script to emit the sound whilst deployed, and turn it off when retracted.

Â

BTW, this is some incredible work you are demonstrating.

I don't know what you mean by deploy and retracts. It is simply "put on" like clothes in pipboy and "taken off" like clothes when not needed. I have it in my mouth slot instead of a cigarette, but you can put it in any slot. These are just animated clothes. I don't know papyrus, no idea how to use the script. (By the way, maybe there are some tutorials. I don't even know where to start fiddling with scripts, because I've never played any bethesda games.) Maybe I'll give you this drone, and you try to sound it?

There are scripting masters that frequent these forums, SKK, Niston, etc who would be better qualified to advise on how one might go about scripting a sound to a wearable clothes item. Perhaps a post to see if such a thing is possible from a scripting standpoint. I think the fundamental question is whether or not a script could be used to play a specific should when a play "wears" a certain item. Have you made the necessary sound files?

There are scripting masters that frequent these forums, SKK, Niston, etc who would be better qualified to advise on how one might go about scripting a sound to a wearable clothes item. Perhaps a post to see if such a thing is possible from a scripting standpoint. I think the fundamental question is whether or not a script could be used to play a specific should when a play "wears" a certain item. Have you made the necessary sound files?

Oh sure. In this case, only one closed cycle of the sound of the operation of electric motors is needed. I have a lot of such wav files.

Here's a simple "play a sound when the player equips an certain item" script:

Scriptname YOURSCRIPTNAME extends Quest Const

Sound Property SoundToPlay Auto Const
Armor Property YourItem Auto Const

Event OnQuestInIt()
	AddInventoryEventFilter(YourItem)
	RegisterForRemoteEvent(Game.GetPlayer(), "OnItemEquipped")
endEvent

Event Actor.OnItemEquipped(Actor akSource, Form akBaseObject, ObjectReference akReference)
	If akSource == Game.GetPlayer() && akBaseObject == YourItem
		ObjectReference SoundSource = Game.GetPlayer()      ;The source will be the player. You can use another object reference.
		SoundToPlay.Play(SoundSource)
	EndIf
EndEvent

Create a new Quest and attach this script to it. Don't forget to fill the properties.