I need help and answers fast, please

I didn't really know what forum to put this topic in, so I just chose whichever seems closest to my current predicament.

So right now I have a really bad laptop. Reason I got such a bad laptop is that when I had to choose one for my mom to buy me I just chose it for the brand, not the specs (yeah, I was a n00b at the time).
My specs right now;
Processor: Intel Core i3 2.53GHz
GFX Card: Intel HD Graphics 1275mb
RAM: 3GB
What I really want to do, however, is get a new laptop and hopefully by the end of the year. Why?
Some of you may be thinking "Oh, you just wanna play games on it". To be honest, that's partly the story. I want to be able to play games without having to spend countless hours tweaking it just to get a max of 15FPS. I want to be able to play games like Skyrim with ENBs and HD Texture Packs. But mainly, I want it to make more money.
I spend most of my free time making 3D models in Blender, and right now I'm working with a bunch of other people in developing an indie game. Resources are limited, and it's impossible to create proper meshes at 5FPS and to UV Unwrap them for easy texturing on my current rig.
There's a website that my friend found that allows users to sell their models (legally). This makes it possible for them to actually take a hobby and create a source of income out of them.
I have a debit card with about 900 USD on it (enough for a decent laptop) but my mom won't let me buy anything with it. My plan B was to make models to sell on that website and save up whatever money I make to buy myself a better laptop, and then to use that better laptop to create better models to sell for more money that I could use to pay back my mother any expenses that I owed her over the years. She doesn't believe the story and thinks that I just spend all my time playing video games and she doesn't want to buy me a new one because she thinks it will motivate me to just sit in front of my laptop for longer.
I'm a gamer, what does she expect?
As of right now I'm creating the best model I currently can to show her what I'm capable of, and hopefully this will convince her to let me buy a new laptop.
In the meantime, what do you guys think. Is it fair for me to be able to get a better laptop, even one I'm willing to pay for myself? Is my mother over reacting and being completely unfair about the situation?

idk about your home situation, but thats not nearly enough to buy a laptop that can play Skyrim with ENBs and HD Texture Packs at Ultra settings. thats something a good PC does. to get a laptop that does that, youre looking at a couple grand id assume. you can get a laptop with a good CPU and a GPU that could play Skyrim at decent settings and also be able to do your rendering and stuff for probably $1000-$1500. but thats not with ENBs and HD Packs and probably at High Settings maybe less. laptops just arent great at playing games. they heat up too fast (too much stuff in too small a place) plus the smaller you make things, the more expensive they get.

if you can, build a desktop. then you could do everything you want, render models, play Skryim Ultra with mods, etc for the same $1000-$1500 price range give or take.

Well, I'm just not interested in building a desktop, or getting one at all. My friend has an Acer that he uses to play Skyrim with ENBs and the Official HD Texture Pack with 40+ FPS, and that cost about $1000. Overheating really isn't a problem, because I have a cooling pad. Really, I just wanted to know if how my mother reacts sound fair. My home life is pretty stable, parents divorced and my mom's a single mom.

In any case, I was planning on selling models for money to save up for the same laptop my friend has, but my mother doesn't agree to it even though it's 100% legal and I'll basically be making my own money to buy it.

Anyways, thanks for your reply :smile:

He's right, you need a laptop in the $1500 - $2000 range. But, for development, you don't need a gaming laptop. You need a type of laptop called a mobile workstation, which are typically used for 3d development and autocad. Lenovo has a "Thinkpad W530" that has a i7 processor, 8 GB of RAM, and a Quadro graphics card with 2 GB of VRAM that starts at about $1200. Link here: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/w-series/w530/.

He's right, you need a laptop in the $1500 - $2000 range. But, for development, you don't need a gaming laptop. You need a type of laptop called a mobile workstation, which are typically used for 3d development and autocad. Lenovo has a "Thinkpad W530" that has a i7 processor, 8 GB of RAM, and a Quadro graphics card with 2 GB of VRAM that starts at about $1200. Link here: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/w-series/w530/.

My god, that's AWESOME!!! It's around about 12200 bucks where i live (in my currency) so i guess i could save for more than a year assuming i start selling models?