A short fall from the best game ever made

uherbert17

You got to be kidding me !!!

Since when does a non linear game end when finishing its main quest , I mean after playing TES Oblivion & shivering isles I would have thought you guys got it(the game should not end until the player gets bored (and with all the mods out there he would just keep playing) giving us the customer excellent value for money.

Make no mistake I looked at every review for fallout 3 and it was sparklng(mostly because i think the reviewers didnt play the game through) I looked at the features and concepts built into the game, i even spent weeks trying to find a windows copy (since it sold out so fast) and i would have gladly spent 3 times the amount of money for this game , from the beginning all that went through my mind was (kick-ass)

even thoug i felt disapointed with the inventory and options screen, as it is obvious that the coders tried to hide lazy interface coding behind a vintage (80's style) interface, though there has been sum improvements from the oblivion style interface there where some features i missed very much (for instance a bartering system, and having all your items neatly sorted (with a picture) of what you are selling.

I can say without a doubt that the the beginining of the game (where you can even blow an entire town off the map) it gave me the impression hat the character can have a very diverse and strong inflence on the world he is occupying , and it made me push forward the main quest (just imagine the diference the change of the world and the lifes of npc's when all water is purified). What about the characters left back in 101 , The game had an excelent setup for what could have been the greatest story ever told, but near the end the game had an extremely linear feel ( a sort of rush for time towards a goalpost ), too much unexplained, non logic motives.

This game has all the makings of the best game ever created but alot of people will agree with me that they feel the game has been rushed to meet a project dealine, I also would assume right that we would have patiently waited another 6 months even a year , and even paid double to see the masterpiece come to life.

As for me I am packing this away to collect dust , while i roam through Cyrodill and all the (loads of quests and dimensions not yet explored), until maybe a addon can complete the game so many of us anticipated.

Heres how to make it better:

1. Non Linear games does NOT END (EVER!!!!!)

2. Organise inventory interface menu better (its the frikkin future afterall)

3. People like seeing how their actions make the world improve (how bout a nice big house and mansion, maybe a robot butle that polishes the metal on your rusted house , given the materials you give it), and lets activate and take ownership of sum factories.

4. we have G.E.C.K something to be used to restore life to a barent ininhabitable planet, and we are going to use it as a water purification module, isnt it kinda like using a nuclear warhead to light a sigaret ( Say it with me LOGIC!!!!! )

5. Where are all the tanks at: its post war , and not a single shot up tank in sight (plenty or military transport around)

6. What can i cruse in ? since a scientist has the reapair skill to assemble any weapon and disarm a nuke I bet he can assemble and fix a car or even a chopper. will make travel a whole lot more exciting.

7. Unbalanced explosives:(unless the cars run on Uranium) whats with the mushroom cloud, and frag grenades that where you hit a far corner in a 9 by 9 meter room youre safe(severly underestimating the concussive force of a hand grenade), you might want to pay a visit to a military training camp, when that puppy falls right next to you you will be like :"holy S#1t, run forest run"

8. Wheres the melee combat, I saw the same flaw in Oblivion, you got a razor sharp blade in your hand , now what to do : how about a few swings and a few directed power attacks ? or how about you storm into a group of enemys make a running summersaults and backflips pulling our your razorsharp ninjato , swinging well coordinated a precise martial arts blows landing or your feet as your foe stands for a moment and then falls apart from an angle as his midsection has been sliced in two ? mite wanna ask those guys at Ubsoft how Dante(devil may cry) and prince of persia does it , but theres sumthing about their fighting style that makes you want more (theres a few of us who wouldn't mind the extra amount of keys it may require)

9. Dual wielding and using both one handed weapons (a thing asked even from the beginning of Oblivion)

10. Motives for enemies actions remain misteries (I mean every bad guy cant be a mentally ill nutcase)

11. Tidy it up a bit , U really want to tel us that people who have paint guns, hammers and loads of metal (probably smelting and forging technology) cannot create a single locker that does not look like it fell off a truck, and why would someone call his lab a place that has fallen over tables and papers all over ?

Make no mistake this is one of the best games i ever played, but not the best (I was expecting this to be the best).

Maybe more guys can come up with a few more good ideas

You got to be kidding me !!!

Since when does a non linear game end when finishing its main quest , I mean after playing TES Oblivion & shivering isles I would have thought you guys got it(the game should not end until the player gets bored (and with all the mods out there he would just keep playing) giving us the customer excellent value for money.

Make no mistake I looked at every review for fallout 3 and it was sparklng(mostly because i think the reviewers didnt play the game through) I looked at the features and concepts built into the game, i even spent weeks trying to find a windows copy (since it sold out so fast) and i would have gladly spent 3 times the amount of money for this game , from the beginning all that went through my mind was (kick-ass)

even thoug i felt disapointed with the inventory and options screen, as it is obvious that the coders tried to hide lazy interface coding behind a vintage (80's style) interface, though there has been sum improvements from the oblivion style interface there where some features i missed very much (for instance a bartering system, and having all your items neatly sorted (with a picture) of what you are selling.

I can say without a doubt that the the beginining of the game (where you can even blow an entire town off the map) it gave me the impression hat the character can have a very diverse and strong inflence on the world he is occupying , and it made me push forward the main quest (just imagine the diference the change of the world and the lifes of npc's when all water is purified). What about the characters left back in 101 , The game had an excelent setup for what could have been the greatest story ever told, but near the end the game had an extremely linear feel ( a sort of rush for time towards a goalpost ), too much unexplained, non logic motives.

This game has all the makings of the best game ever created but alot of people will agree with me that they feel the game has been rushed to meet a project dealine, I also would assume right that we would have patiently waited another 6 months even a year , and even paid double to see the masterpiece come to life.

As for me I am packing this away to collect dust , while i roam through Cyrodill and all the (loads of quests and dimensions not yet explored), until maybe a addon can complete the game so many of us anticipated.

Heres how to make it better:

1. Non Linear games does NOT END (EVER!!!!!)

2. Organise inventory interface menu better (its the frikkin future afterall)

3. People like seeing how their actions make the world improve (how bout a nice big house and mansion, maybe a robot butle that polishes the metal on your rusted house , given the materials you give it), and lets activate and take ownership of sum factories.

4. we have G.E.C.K something to be used to restore life to a barent ininhabitable planet, and we are going to use it as a water purification module, isnt it kinda like using a nuclear warhead to light a sigaret ( Say it with me LOGIC!!!!! )

5. Where are all the tanks at: its post war , and not a single shot up tank in sight (plenty or military transport around)

6. What can i cruse in ? since a scientist has the reapair skill to assemble any weapon and disarm a nuke I bet he can assemble and fix a car or even a chopper. will make travel a whole lot more exciting.

7. Unbalanced explosives:(unless the cars run on Uranium) whats with the mushroom cloud, and frag grenades that where you hit a far corner in a 9 by 9 meter room youre safe(severly underestimating the concussive force of a hand grenade), you might want to pay a visit to a military training camp, when that puppy falls right next to you you will be like :"holy S#1t, run forest run"

8. Wheres the melee combat, I saw the same flaw in Oblivion, you got a razor sharp blade in your hand , now what to do : how about a few swings and a few directed power attacks ? or how about you storm into a group of enemys make a running summersaults and backflips pulling our your razorsharp ninjato , swinging well coordinated a precise martial arts blows landing or your feet as your foe stands for a moment and then falls apart from an angle as his midsection has been sliced in two ? mite wanna ask those guys at Ubsoft how Dante(devil may cry) and prince of persia does it , but theres sumthing about their fighting style that makes you want more (theres a few of us who wouldn't mind the extra amount of keys it may require)

9. Dual wielding and using both one handed weapons (a thing asked even from the beginning of Oblivion)

10. Motives for enemies actions remain misteries (I mean every bad guy cant be a mentally ill nutcase)

11. Tidy it up a bit , U really want to tel us that people who have paint guns, hammers and loads of metal (probably smelting and forging technology) cannot create a single locker that does not look like it fell off a truck, and why would someone call his lab a place that has fallen over tables and papers all over ?

Make no mistake this is one of the best games i ever played, but not the best (I was expecting this to be the best).

Maybe more guys can come up with a few more good ideas

I know exactly what you mean with this, Fallout 3 has a lot of modding potential, here are some things I think should be added to it.

1. Weather - In oblivion, you had snow (I don't have operation anchorage yet), Rain, thunderstorms, and other weather conditions. In morrowind, you had dust storms too. What happened to all of the weather in Fallout 3?

2. Secondary fire - In games like Half life 2, Time splitters, Fear, you had secondary fire for your weapons, where's our grenade launchers? What about single shot and burst modes?

3. Deploying weapons - There's robot turrets and weapons in the game, why can't we have our own? Why can't we make our own traps? I've seen a mod with your own turret, but we need real time deploying weapons.

4. Junk weapons - Sure, you can make weapons from schematics, but how about actual junk weapons, why not make weapons from junk around the waste land, I've seen mods like this to, but we could always use more weapons.

5. Longer ranged snipers - The actual range of the sniper rifle in the game sucks, if we could have a longer range, it would make it all the more better.

Those are just a few ideas, but, I hope it goes toward a better fallout :).

yea i didn't like the ending to, they could've done something like if you go in there you become a ghoul or something...and if you put the virus in the ghouls and the super mutants would die or something! you can't just end a game like that...:l o well i still enjoy all the mods :D

Archived