ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Pls help, got VATS and wealon Reload button problem

Shidentora

Though Project Nevada isn't a performance heavy mod at all. So your instability issues may have been related to a bad download or messed up load order. Then again your laptop GPU is on the weak side...

As for the 4GB enabler, that would still help even with your 3GB of RAM since it would allow the mod to use as much RAM as possible.

I'd just say it wasn't the Windows XP that is best for my machine. It won't play R.A.G.E. Not that I need to play it at all costs, hell no. It is a nice game, BUT I am one of the hardcore Fallout Classic guys, or however do they call us. To me, Fallout as such means a lot. LOT.

But I'm goin' off topic, sorry.

I know my machine's capabilities and I won't load more mods than it can take. I chose only a dosen or two of mods I really like and that's it. I am not sure of project Nevada, whether to use it or no. I find the default game OK. As for stability and certain features, it's way better than FO 3. But the atmosphere in FO3 - that's something irreplacable.

Well yes, gotta be brave to attempt playing fnv modded in a laptop. Your LO is light tho. Seeing as you have only 3gb ram, you can't benefit from the fnv 4gb enabler (i'm sure you know this) but also i don't know how much ram does fnv take without 4gb enabler. SO be sure to set FNV priority at High in task manager.

Also, bit off topic but, please please (if you haven't) clean your laptop fan (or take it to an expert to do it). I'm IT technician and i lost count of how many burnt laptops i checked this year because the owners thought it's be a good idea to use them for gaming and not pay for a cleaning. so the fan collapses and the internal temperature burns everything. 38 degrees is fine tho, for the moment being.

Fren,

thank you for being such a caring person. Nice to meet a fellow, y'know. I do clean my machine with a hairdryer or vacuum cleaner set to low... ehm, how do you call it? Output? Also, I keep my laptop at an elevated position and play only in the evening hours. (That's also the only time when I can, anyway).

And how about the real time priority? Not a good idea?

You're welcome, pal. The thing with real-time (as i saw and understand it) is that you're basically telling your pc "use all the Ram and cpu you need, i don't care" which results in crashing (isolated cases) also, i've noticed sound clipping with real-time. So i leave it at high priority.

You know, maybe you knew this already, but there are a couple of mods out there that will help your performance a lot: try

-Performance of the gods

- Cleaner Vegas

- Clean Deluxe

(i'd recommend performance of the gods, tho) what they do is basically remove a lot (yea, a lot) of things like trash paper, dust whirlwinds, etc. but NO in-game junk items.

the other 2 go more in-deep, removing junk items and more stuff. I've noticed a fps increase of 5-8 using them. Worth a try if you ask me. Doesn't break immersion.

Edited by cccddd123

TYVM.

It's all right, the machine works fine. No stuttering, only random freezing for a second or two. But this performance of the gods might just be OK... Only the fan works at higher speed from time to time