Fallout 4 modding - Recently created .esp that was supposed to regenerate precombine and previs data doesn't work Started by ShanxTadeu2, Today, 0

ShanxTadeu2

Hello guys!

Recently I created an .esp inside the CK, to regenerate the precombine meshes and previs data for the CabotHouseExt we found in the vanillar game.
Following the instructions found in the Red Rocket TV video, I regenerate, using the World > Precombine Geometry for Current Cell and both Generate Visibility for All Loaded Cells and Generate Precombine Visibility for All Loaded Cells, for the CabotHouseExt cell.
I have archived the precombine and previs data on a .ba2 archive, called MyEsp - Main.ba2, and I have it in the bottom of my load list.
Ain't work at all. The funny thing is that I did the same procedure for some interior cells and the flickering/invisible meshes thing, caused by precombine and previs issues, was fixed, but it didn't work for an exterior cell.
What Am I missing here?
Here is a video of the process I done, the key moments are
00:00:58,
00:08:36,
00:09:16,
00:27:39,
00:47:40 ,
and the gameplay starts at 00:52:20
Even after finishing the regeneration process, the issue remains...
Any help will be appreciated!
Edited by ShanxTadeu2

If you are fixing that single cell, CabotSomethingExt, then dont select "generate for all loaded cells". It is labeled wrong in the CK. It is generating for all loaded clusters, and that is far more area than what you are trying to fix.

You are fixing one cell, within one cluster. Dont involve other clusters. It was the one thing in the RR video that I am not a fan of - otherwise great video.

After you generate you need to confirm in xEdit. Post generation cleanup in xEdit takes me more time than the slow generation in the CK.

Im curious as to why you name the archive as xxxx - main.BA2 when the file type selection will already make it a BA2 . Your way will have an outcome of xxx - main.BA2.Ba2(still should work though)

Also ...question what cell are you in while testing that window ?(just curious)

If you are fixing that single cell, CabotSomethingExt, then dont select "generate for all loaded cells". It is labeled wrong in the CK. It is generating for all loaded clusters, and that is far more area than what you are trying to fix.

You are fixing one cell, within one cluster. Dont involve other clusters. It was the one thing in the RR video that I am not a fan of - otherwise great video.

After you generate you need to confirm in xEdit. Post generation cleanup in xEdit takes me more time than the slow generation in the CK.

Any chance you'd be willing to write up a mini tutorial on said topic. I know many questions continue to surface regarding precombine and previs. I know I struggle with it as well. So another tutorial or two would be helpful For example, the technique for one one or two cells within a cluster and the technique for doing a much larger area like all the cells associated with Spectacle Island.

Thanks, unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to do any guides.

To your example, I don't see a difference between how you repair one CELL or many. I think it's more about how to identify broken CELLs and why they are broken. The how-to on the repair process has been covered enough.

Take Tales from the Commonwealth, below are the broken CELLs and their parent cluster CELL. Once you've crawled through the clusters and assessed the impact of any other plugins in those clusters, you end up with a spreadsheet of what needs patched.

BROKEN CELL	PARENT CELL
12,3		12,3
11,3		12,3
-19,1		-18,0
-18,-11		-18,-12
-2,-23		-2,-24
-3,-23		-2,-24
23,8		24,9
-3,21		-3,21
-2,-22		-3,-21
2,-9		3,-9