ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Blue Square Snowflakes

rad666a

OK, I've run SKyrim with my current mod setup many times. I have not added a new mod for some time now (shocking, I know). I recently ran the launcher and had to relesect my mods from NMM. Now I get blue squares for most (but strangely not all) snowflakes.

Screenshot:

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7524/v0h1.jpg

It looks all the world to me like a missing texture issue, but I can't for the life of me figure out what. I tried adding a texture replacer for snowflakes, but no luck.

Any ideas?

OK, I've run SKyrim with my current mod setup many times. I have not added a new mod for some time now (shocking, I know). I recently ran the launcher and had to relesect my mods from NMM. Now I get blue squares for most (but strangely not all) snowflakes.

Screenshot:

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7524/v0h1.jpg

It looks all the world to me like a missing texture issue, but I can't for the life of me figure out what. I tried adding a texture replacer for snowflakes, but no luck.

Any ideas?

Possibly try a clean save with the same mods, then without any mods?

Would help figure out the cause :P

Edited by GummyAim

Looks more like a missing mesh. Any mods which alter snow(flakes) in any way? That potentially includes weather/lighting/atmosphere changing mods.

Thanks for that. I tracked it down and got it sorted out.

Working fine now.

Do you mind sharing what the solution was. I am having a similar issue, after just completing full installation of STEP. Thanks!

Oh sure, no problem. I found some nifs left over from an ENB install that I took out a week ago. Odd thing is it never cause a problem before. I don't remember exactly, but I think I found them under "meshes/effects/".

• 2 months later...

Hey Folks,

I'm having the same blue square snow issue. Deleting the snow nif files from the enb mod i'm currently using (Real Vision Enb) won't help. And i've searched my Skyrim Path for the ENB Snow FX. esp but there is no such file in my directory. At the moment i don't really know what to do to figure this out so i would appreciate every help you could offer me. Besides this i have uninstalled every snow related mod.

Greetings

J

ps. sry for my bad english (if a word or a sentence is incorrect feel free to correct me ;-)

• 1 year later...

You can also fix this, by removing ENB Snow FX esp.

This just randomly happened to me after installing the Falskaar mod - which might I add is awesome. Anyways, no matter what I did I could not fix it, found BloodMourns post and it worked. Simply go to your Data Files within the Skyrim launcher and deselect the .esp file he mentions. For me it was actually CR ENB Snow FX.esp
Thank you BloodMourn...