Skyrim executables do nothing

Scarsunseen

Double-clicking on SkyrimLauncher.exe and TESV.exe causes the Windows pointer to act like it is starting a program, but nothing happens. Same when trying to start Skyrim through Steam. No Skyrim related applications show up as running in the Task Manager.

Disabled all mods; no go

Disabled all background programs and services; no go

Uninstalled/Reinstalled Skyrim; no go

Uninstalled, deleted all remaining files(except for save folder) in both SteamApps/Common/Skyrim and in MyGames/Skyrim, then reinstalled; no go

System Specs

Processor: Intel i5-2500k

RAM: 16GB DDR3

Video: 2x Nvidia 560ti in SLI

Sound: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD

Storage: Crucial M4 128GB SSD

I've been running Skyrim on this system since Skyrim came out. Anyone know what might have caused this sort of problem?

Maybe it's obvious, but are you logged into Steam?

Is there any chance your firewall is blocking any of the programs involved?

Are you running all programs with Administrator rights (right click on .exe, then choose Run as Administrator).--I know you've played before, but sometimes I have to go through all that again after a reinstall.

BAM! Windows Event Viewer + Google = Success!

Turns out it was a Steam problem. Had to remove a file called ClientRegistry.blob from the main Steam folder. Restarted Steam, and I'm back in business.

Where "in business" is defined as spending the rest of the night reinstalling all my mods. Oh well. At least the problem's fixed.