Dsfix not working anymore maybe because of x360ce?

Pibonacci

Edit: Problem resolved, further information here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/211420/discussions/0/864975399611148890/

So I knew Dsfix worked at least for a brief time for me since I got the common thing where the game only filled the top left quarter of the screen, which I was able to resolve by disabling the AA option.

Afterwards, I struggled to get my gamepad to work with x360ce, but finally succeeded.

Now after I installed some other mods, which didn't work, I started to wonder whether dsfix works after all, since different things don't work (hide mousecurser, skip intro, texturoverride).

I did a quick test by enabling AA ingame or changing the resolution drastically and sure enough, the before mentioned problem doesn't occur, so I'm pretty sure dsfix isn't doing anything for me.

I assume this has something to do with my x360ce setup. Could it be that by enabling x360ce, I also had to change something about the dinput8 file (I don't remember at all, it's been a while), so the dsfix can't do anything after all?
If so, how can I fix that? My controller is top priority, however, so I'd like to avoid irreversible changes.

Looking at things again, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the "dinput8dllwrapper none" setting.

So I guess I replaced the dsfix dinput8 file with a corresponding x360ce file so my controller works, but nothing else? If so, how can I fix that? Do I need to replace the dinput8.ddl file with something?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit: I also posted this to the steam discussions and steam forum.

Edited by Pibonacci