[LE] Find the shortest path to swimmable water for an Actor?

longpeak

You could change the combat from fight to flight by changing when they flee or changing them to flee automatically. (AI Confidence = Cowardly should do the trick)

But the flee direction is a hidden (AFAIK) setting that forces the actor to travel x navmesh triangles away from the attacker (as I understand it).

Specific horkers could be told to flee towards an xmarker deep in the water by applying a OnHit Event script to apply an AI procedure to the actor (I've never done this with animals, but I guess it's the same Travel Procedure).

Applying this script to all horkers (the base actor) would need an AI Procedure that was generic enough to point them towards the deep water. I don't know how to make an AI for animals, much less generic travel AI.

Yeah, it would seem manually placing markers to delineate water edges / dive spots is the way. I thought about something like token Slaughterfish tracking on-land actors with travel procedures, but the fish lags for up to a few seconds before starting movement and sometimes teleports to the actor. Besides, the sea shoreline turned out to be quite complicated for automated search for access spots anyway. Still, if there are some functionality to find regular-to-underwater navmesh transitions, or at least to find which navmesh nodes lie below location's water level, that would be nice.