I love breaktops.

Zephyer

I have a thing for breaktop revolvers, but the .32 is rather on the pathetic side. I'd almost go so far as to say pointless, since they hand you a bloody pistol in the beginning of the game that does more damage.

I'd like a breaktop worth my time, but I want something that won't break the game, something that's fair and balanced. Could someone make a pistol using the .32 model (perhaps upsized a little to fit, I don't know how difficult that would be, I know absolutely nothing of modding) that uses .44 ammunition and matches the .44's damage and accuracy? Basically, a nice, balanced high-calibre breaktop.

I'd be much obliged!

I have a thing for breaktop revolvers, but the .32 is rather on the pathetic side. I'd almost go so far as to say pointless, since they hand you a bloody pistol in the beginning of the game that does more damage.

I'd like a breaktop worth my time, but I want something that won't break the game, something that's fair and balanced. Could someone make a pistol using the .32 model (perhaps upsized a little to fit, I don't know how difficult that would be, I know absolutely nothing of modding) that uses .44 ammunition and matches the .44's damage and accuracy? Basically, a nice, balanced high-calibre breaktop.

I'd be much obliged!

I always did think the .32 cal was kind of sad when you first start out :wallbash:

also considering some breaktop handguns like the .45 and some colts had the take down power to actually severe limbs =O. i'll bump this in agreement.

I give this a single bump, just to make sure a descent number of a people get a chance to see it. It seems like it should be easy to do, and I'd do it myself if I understood GECK in the slightest. :confused:

I give this a single bump, just to make sure a descent number of a people get a chance to see it. It seems like it should be easy to do, and I'd do it myself if I understood GECK in the slightest. :confused:

I understand the geck enough to get it in game (i think) if some one can make the retextures/mesh

Not too sure how to make an all new .esm, but here's how to add it onto an existing mod:

Open your GECK. Open the .esm file of your choice, and set it as the active file, for that's what it'll be saved to. Go to weapons, the look for a name of Weap32CaliberPistol. Open it, and change the Damage field to 35 if you want it the same as the .44 mag. For realism? Change it to, say, 25 or 28. Hit okay on the window, click save, and close the GECK. Make sure to let the GECK disappear from desktop, as it makes my game have a conniption fit on the display and really hurts the eyes. Have fun with the updated revolver!

I'd be much obliged!

what you could do, is open the geck, put a check mark on the fallout3.esm file, then open the weapons pane, look at the reload animation for the 32, and create a new 44 that uses that reload animation, which is reloadk.

Bob

I just put this together in the geck, look here: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4632

basically just uses the 32 revolver, but slight retexture on the handgrip, and on the ground, i upsized it to 2.

Bob

You could always make a MOD request for a Webley and have it set to use .44 instead of the original .455. Just have it set to use the .32 for repairs and you should be fine. It had a heck of a production run so its certainly something that could be found in some old house safe or even in a ruined embassy in DC.

Thank you, Bob! That's exactly what I wanted! Nice and simple breaktop magnum using the existing resources.

Oh, and the Webley idea is a very good idea as well, I've always been rather fond of them. And hey, while I love breaktops, I'm quite fond of revolvers in general. It'd be pretty awesome to see a Mateba, as well.

Archived