ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

New to modding- issue with NVEC and NMM plugins missing

Hello,

I am brand new to modding at the level players use for FONV. I found some very useful youtube tutorials by Gophervids which got my pretty far. All of the below mods link, but I am hitting a snag with NVEC. The way I read the installation instructions I should just need to manually download the NVEC Complete-44204-3-4b file as it contains bugfixes etc, but after manually downloading and installing the mod I don't see it in the load order list below. I can see it as a data file when I launch the game and can check the checkbox, but clearly when I include it from there it is not in the right launch order as the game CTD. I am using the NMM tool to load the mods. If I point the tool to the NVEC Complete-44204-3-4b.rar it says it installs the mod, but no NVEC plugins show up on the load page. Do I need to use a different tool to see the load order with the NVEC mod included? How do I install the NVEC mod to get it to show up properly in the NMM?

GameMode=FalloutNV
FalloutNV.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
oHUD.esm=1
Project Nevada - Core.esm=1
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp=1
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm=1
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm=1
CINEMATECH.esm=1
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm=1
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm=1
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp=0
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp=0
Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp=0
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp=0
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp=0
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp=1
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
DarNifiedUINV.esp=1
AWOPDeadMoneyVendorPatch.esp=1
AWOPDeadMoney.esp=1
WMXUE.esp=1
WMXUE-CouriersStash.esp=1
WMXUE-EVE.esp=0
WMXUE-ModernWeapons.esp=1
WMXUE-PN.esp=1
WMXUE-AWOP.esp=1
WMXUE-ArenovalisTextures-CS.esp=1
WMXUE-ArenovalisTextures.esp=1
Nevada Skies.esp=1
Vurt's WFO.esp=1
NVWillow.esp=1
Thank you
--Matt

You really need to read the complete mod description page when you want to install large mods such as this. I will quote part of the installation instructions: "The main download is an executable installer."

You do not use NMM to install the main download.

As I stated above.....I manually ran the installer for NVEC outside NMM initially. I only tried pointing NMM at the rar AFTER manually running NVEC setup executable. The issue is I do not see a load order for the manually installed NVEC setup. I can see it from the FONV splash screen when I click on DATA...as a checkbox to include...but that isn't checking the load order....where/how do we setup the load order for NVEC since we install outside the NMM.

Has anyone used NVEC and NMM (not to install, but for load order setup)? Do I need a different mod manager for NVEC? Is there a different way to see load order outside the mod manager tools?

Just as an update to this earlier post if anyone else runs into an issue where a manually installed mod isn't showing up in NMM after the install. I think the latest update of NMM fixed the issue. The other CTD on load screen I had been getting was caused by using WMXUE-EVE patch without the EVE-ALL DLC patch - I didn't include it since EVE is also in NVEC, but the WMXUE-EVE plugin required it. I suspect this is where some merging could probably occur as the FNVEDIT shows pretty much everything in the EVE-ALL DLC is already included in the NVEC installation. I have to admit I'm having a lot of fun figuring out how to get the mods installed and reviewing the tremendous work people have done to improve FONV. Hat-tip to all the dedication and thanks!

• 1 year later...