Vortex Savegames Blank; Unable to Make it Populate

Vyxenne

My Vortex Savegames pane is blank. I used the Open Save Games control to lead it to my SSE Savegames folder, and when that failed, directly to one individual savegame in that folder. Neither approach works- Vortex still refuses to populate itself with any of my savegames.

I read the Wiki on this subject, but there's nothing there about how to populate the tab- the entire discussion is built on the assumption that Vortex has somehow auto-populated it based on the Profile under which the savegames were created.

Also, in a possibly-related side issue, my Saves made while playing Profile "A" are being stored in a subfolder identified as belonging to Profile "B." However, I'm pretty sure Vortex should be able to "see" my savegames, especially when I lead it by the hand to where they are.

I have thought about manually moving both Profiles' savegames up into the main Savegames folder and then disabling "Profile has its own Savegames" or whatever that control is named, but I'm afraid if I do that the game will no longer be able to save itself.

I would appreciate some knowledgeable help- I'm obviously doing something wrong or failing to do something right. Thanks.