Dragon Age Inquisition Multiple Races Confirmed

hoofhearted4

just as the title says. this is probably the only thing ive heard on DAI for a while. it does seem they are going along through route of DA2 in terms of DAI being more action oriented (going bases off the pre-alpha gameplay footage seen in the video) which does kind of stink, id rather return to the top down, not so great graphics of DAO, then more action, but i guess i wont complain this early. if they really are trying to get back to the roots of RPG, even while orientating more on Action, then ill still be interested.

also there seems to be mounts. this could mean there is going to be an open world, which i think would kick ass in a Dragon Age setting, or this could have just been a clip from a trailer or something.....the fact that you have to build up your own army type thing, a la DAO, also interests me. you controll how your army acts. if they are good, bad, ugly, etc. or at least thats what the article implies.

cant wait to hear more on DAI. if anyone has read anything else on DAI, please post the articles, videos, etc. i know much hasnt been released yet, but it could be theres already more info then i know out there. i wouldnt be surprised.

http://www.gamesradar.com/multiple-playable-races-confirmed-dragon-age-inquisition/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp

I personally hope they go heavier on action based combat, but return to DAO's method of story and levelling.

And it looks like that's what they're attempting to do.

Much of the reason DA2 was so divisive is because the story was mage-centered. If you were a mage, or romanced a mage, most people ended up thinking the story was great. If you don't care whether mages live in their tower or not, there was really nothing to stay interested in.

And ofc, there's no denying that time constraints forced Bioware to release DA2 with recycled areas and dungeons.

i prefered the strategic approach of DAO. it was still there in DA2, but to a much lesser extent. i mean in DAO you could pause and see the entire field, the combat was slower so you couldplan on where to put people, the mage on the high ground, and whatnot. this wasnt there as much in DA2. you could still pause and zoom out a little, but you had less of a view of the entire field, and because they made it so action oriented, i forgot many times that i could pause. i was ready to just jump in. i found myself pausing just so i would select the right target for my attack or to make sure my mage heals the most important person.....on that note, they dumbed down healing so much, it was nearly useless. this did make the game harder, but it was an unnecessary nerf. but these are my opinions. i still liked DA2, ive beaten it with each class. and once on Nightmare (or whatever the DA2 equivalent was lol) i just prefered DAO over DA2.

all this said, i think the biggest thing they NEED to bring back is modding. ive played DAO several several times, because of modding. i can give myself weapons and armor, not worry about dieing, or tactics, have col abilities, play on Nightmare as though it were just Normal/Hard, and i do this, to have fun Roleplaying different characters, as badasses. i sometimes play just Me Alistair and Dog, the original Grey Wardens. sometime i play as all of us Rogues, sometimes i play all Mage. my last one was playing all Legions of the Deads. i like having my group match. ive played every class and specialization and had a blast with my own modded weapons, and using mods. DA2 lacked this, and while i played it 3.5 times through (i ever actually finished my Hardcore run) i would have played it much more if it had mods.

also, DAO Nightmare run (no mods):

Me (Rouge) (Ranger/Assassin)

Wynne (Healer, duh)

Alistair (Sword/Shield Tank)

Dog (Akamaru) <--- so underrated. (mage Hunter. Overwhelm FTW)

just needed to mention how underrated dog was, and that i beat Nightmare with him as the 4th member of my team between him and my Spider (Ranger Spec) id use them to take out mages (probably the hardest part of Nightmare). Overwhelm (both Dog and Spider have it) is so OP. lol.

done my Off Topic rant now lol

I know it must be really hard for you but please for the love of the Maker if you have info POST AT MY THREAD THAT I MADE FOR DA3!

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/812217-da3-information-thread/

That way everything is in one place!

I'd prefer people didn't. If there are separate threads for the various pieces of info, it makes discussion a lot easier. Discussion becomes nearly impossible in a single thread where people are all trying to discuss different pieces of information at the same time.

You're more than welcome to have an information aggregation thread, but there's nothing wrong with having separate threads either.

If you have info about DA3 then post it on the thread link so that people would come and have all the info. If you want to talk about DA3 then talk about it in one of the DA forums.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're the one aggregating the news in a single thread, right? So why are you acting like we owe it to you to post in your thread? The onus for collecting and compiling all the info in a single thread lies on you, not on anybody else.

If I find a new piece of news, I'll create a thread on it if I wish to discuss it and I deem it discussion-worthy. You are then more than welcome to lift that piece of info from my thread and add it to your aggregation thread. Please do not, however, give out commands on when, where and how we are allowed to post DA3 information. Your commands do not form part of the forum's ToS.

My point stands; it is difficult and cumbersome to have discussions on specific pieces of information in an aggregation thread. If we want to discuss specific things, it is easier for us to create threads for those specific pieces of information we would like to discuss.

Now, that is quite enough derailing for one thread. On to the actual topic.

I hope the move to allow the player his own racial choice means that like in DA:O, the player is free to create his own character, unlike DA2 where the character and his story were predetermined.

as Zewp said, feel free to paste the article into your thread. but just on principle now, because "it must be so hard for me" i think i will keep my own thread. and because you went about asking me all the wrong way (as well as trying to make your comment more DA relevant by saying "for the love of the Maker")....on top of all that, i dont NEED to be in the DA forums just to talk about DA. people have been talking about FO4 a lot lately, and you havent said anything about bringing them to the FO forums, or making it all in one thread. i dont visit the game specific forums except for mods. other then that, i post game info in this section of the forums, because thats where i visit. and this catches all the traffic of the people i commonly associate with.

i wonder if they well add Qunari as a race? i think it would be cool to play as a Qunari, but i also understand keeping them separate. Qunari have always felt like a 3rd party to me. something we cant (and probably wont) understand, so keeping them unplayable would make sense....maybe make them playable in DLC?

i also wonder if they will go as far as to give each Race multiple origin stories (ie Commoner, Royal, etc). its not the end of the world if they dont, but it was a nice touch in DAO, granted origin stories made sense, since it was dragon age ORIGINS lol.

Edited by hoofhearted4