Is this decent graphics card?

If you are going to use it in say, an HTPC no problem. For Skyrim or any other modern game I don't think you would be satisfied.

NVidia is now offering the 700 series cards so this would be 3 generations back. Secondly, in the 500 series cards, the first reasonably serious card for gaming was the 550ti. This sale appears to be to clear out old slow cards that did not sell.

Note: This info was from my husband (the computer professional). He happened to be standing here when I saw your post, so I asked him if he would mind responding. Hope this helps.

Tigerdirect is having a graphics card sale and i saw a GeForce GT 520 for 29.99 after rebate is this a good graphics card?

considering its "GT" not "GTX" its not meant for gaming its a multimedia card thats it . All it will do is play hd movies and very very light gaming intel hd 4000 id almost say is better for gaming then a gt520 cheapest card you probably can get is a gtx-650,7750,7770, or a 7790 witch are all around the same class of card but if you got $200 id head towards saving up for a 7850 or higher for amd. $300 price range is a toss of what you want in your product at that point

No, it's not a good graphics card for gaming. It's probably fine for watching HD videos or simple business purposes, but it won't hold up trying to play a game.