Alduin's Rise OOC/Discussion

FennecFyre

The Rp: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1072693-alduins-rise/

TEXT WALL INCOMING.

Many moons ago, Somnazul PMed me about my now-dead Skyrim roleplay. I told him I didn't plan to revive it, but in the time after it died, I did come up with an idea for a far better Skryim roleplay. I have the general idea down, but like any good story, I need some idea of how the plot will play out.

Basically, this takes place in an alternate universe/storyline where Alduin, instead of being defeated by the Dragonborn, managed to devour their soul before they were even born. He used this freedom to resurrect his armies of dragons, draugr, and priests, and launch a massive assault on Skrim's government. Skyrim fought valiantly, but the divisions between Stormcloak and Legionnaire ran too deep, and they were taken over. The Thalmor gained an uneasy truce with the dragons, retaining the right to carry out Justiciar orders. The Jarls have disappeared, but it is rumored they were banished to a prison within Oblivion, similar to how Jagar Tharn imprisoned Uriel Septim VII. With no leader, the Stormcloak rebellion has split into fragments and more than a few of them are borderline bandits and terrorists against non-Nords. In their places are the eight Dragon Priests. Alduin himself has had the Blue Palace constructed into a massive and elaborate eyrie for his own use. The draugr are now the primary city guards (most human guards were killed, fled, or defected to Alduin's side) and the dragons and unmasked priests are his greatest enforcers, and patrol the land to weed out troublemakers. He is an unspeakably cruel tyrant, demanding heavy taxes to equip his followers, treasure to adorn his lair, and bloody (sometimes human) sacrifices to please him and his priests. His reign has now lasted for a month, and those inside Skyrim begin to lose hope, while those outside Skyrim dread the day when Alduin's eyes turn to the lands outside his territory.

The heroes of this story will be the archetypal motley group from a variety of backgrounds. They were brought into the picture by Paarthurnaxx, who, aggravated the Greybeards were unwilling to help in the conflict, contacted likely souls through their dreams and instructed them to make a pilgrimage to the Throat of the World. I'd like to see around nine or ten when we start, but I'll accept as low as seven. There's also the major issue of how we'll bring in new players once it starts.

I'm also considering bringing in elements from Dawnguard, such as the Volkihar clan forming an alliance with Alduin and the Dawnguard being one of the few anti-Alduin groups still hanging on (aside from the Companions, who still do roughly the same thing but now also attempt to provide protection to those hiding from Alduin without getting themselves in trouble as well). This would mean that most storyline elements from Dawnguard would have to be removed, and it would have course be a spoiler for those that haven't bought the DLC.

So why make a thread here? Because, dear reader, I need ideas for the roleplay, which currently would consist of our heroes venturing through the holds and taking out the priests before confronting Alduin himself. I need feedback on the general idea. And I want to see how many people are interested in this. I also probably broke about a zillion lore elements (including Paarthy's dream-sending thing) so if those can be remedied that would be nice. Post away!

Edited by FennecFyre

Having one town as a rebel base would be interesting, but then one priest would either have to be killed or start somewhere else. What do you think about having that be the first town the heroes decide to free, and then becoming a sort of rebel town? Instead of finding somewhere else to make the priest start, we could just kill him off.

That works too, I mean my main concern is where are the Heros gonna start, and is the a limit to our armor, weapos so we are not OP? i mean in skyrim i like using ebony weapons and Dawnguard Armor

I was thinking they could first join up in Whiterun, or possibly Ivarstead, and then make the trip of the mountain to see Paarthurnaxx. And yeah, there will probably be restrictions on what kind of armor/weapons can be used. No Daedric/Dragonstuff/Ebony as starters, and if you have faction-specific armor/weapons, you would have to be in that faction.

Interesting... I have an idea for this story that I think would be awesome. Based off a character I have been writing for a friend on the nexus... the same guy responsible for the Heart Of Thunder mod.

Here is the lowdown.

Once a simple Blacksmith in skyrim, a young man that had been orphaned by a dragon attack. He was taken in by his drunk of an uncle who taught him how to work a forge, his uncle drank most of the little gold they made and left the young Tordin to work the forge. He began to think his life was going nowhere but one rainy day he got a special order from a woman in a shroud to forge a hammer from a rock of strange earth.

She offered him many times the normal price if he would forge it in three days. Tordin hurriedly accepted the offer and spent the next three days forging what the Dragons would one day call Sahrot Strun Tu, the Mighty Storm Hammer. On the third day he stood by his forge with the finished hammer and waited, it was then that Dinokviing attacked. The dragon began to raise the small hamlet to the ground, it was then that Tordin picked up the hammer and charged the dragon.

He struck the hammer across the dragon's nose and as he did a thunderbolt struck sending the dragon reeling. The attack injured the dragon but not enough to deter him, the dragon came at him with jaws agape and ready to consume the young blacksmith it was then that the world stopped and the woman that had ordered the hammer came to him, she revealed herself to be Kynareth. It was then that she gifted him with the Heart Of Thunder. Dragons Blood began to course through his veins and with a mighty Thu'um he vanquished Dinokviing, before the Dragon's Soul could be consumed the spirit of the dragon fled and forever cursed Tordin.

Tordin became known to the Blades as the Thunderer, he was crucial in the Dragon War, eventually falling to Alduin and five of his strongest Lieutenants. In the battle, Tordin killed four of the lieutenants and mortally wounded Alduin, as Tordin and Alduin lay in the pile of dragon corpses at the top of Ancient's Ascent they conversed, Alduin fell first, followed shortly by Tordin.

Tordin was called to Sovngarde and the Dragon War was officially over... Mundus prospered and the heroes of the Dragon War became legends but the Thunderer was all but forgotten.

Edited by Macman253

@Spawnsy

Yup, you're free to discuss your character. I want to try and get some more people in here before we start, but if we don't get anybody else, maybe three people would work.

@Macman

That's a nice bit of lore there. Since this is an AU, I could probably overlook Alduin's death, since he seems to come back whenever he dies when he's not supposed to.

Edited by FennecFyre