Alduin's Rise OOC/Discussion

FennecFyre

I wish you all luck with the roleplay! I've been around here for a fair bit of time so if you need assistance with this I'd be glad to help. While lore is the least of my concern (I'm all for lore breaking within reason) I can see that your minimum number of roleplayers before this thing gets off the ground is rather high...

Having seven roleplayers here during the current RP climate (It has seen MUCH better days let me tell you) Is a rather large and wishful number as of now, so I'd certainly recommend dropping that down to four or lower (unless of course you already know seven individuals who are willing to join).

Having seen that in your last RP, you set up rules I needn't advise you on those other than just make it very clear what you will/will not accept, things like character ranks (can they be guard captains and the like) and what kind of conduct you expect, is swearing allowed, sexual content (I'd recommend against that) etc etc.

What I would say is, make sure you have a nice and detailed character sheet template so characters can be fleshed out beforehand, it really helps a lot :blush:

Other than that I wish you the best of luck with this, hope you get the plot all straightened out :thumbsup:

And just a little note, if you do find this bears no fruition, there is an active Skyrim roleplay right now called Wisdom of The Ancestors should you still desire to roleplay in the elder scrolls if this doesn't take off (or simultaneously)

Regards, Mythic.

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

@FennecFyre

Just pm me on FJ when we start and ill post my character on this thread later (Cant post a picture so ill just describe him)

@Macman

That sounds pretty cool actually

I have an idea, instead of breaking the lore let's go with it. Set it during the Dragon War.

During that period mortals were ruled over by the dragons, Alduin was the tyrant and the Dragon Cult's reigned surpreme. There weren't Draugr because Alduin hadn't yet been defeated and the Dragon Cult's weren't destroyed and their members cursed to become Draugr. That way it doesn't deter people who hate to break lore and it is still within the boundaries of the RP you want.

@mythicdawnmaster

Thanks for the advice! I will most likely be lowering the minimum start.

@Spawnsy

Lol, I PMed twentynine about this actually.

@Macman

Good idea, but I would really like to stay with my present-day idea. The Dragon War happened in the Merethic Era, which is basically the very beginning of mortals. Skyrim would look very different (it would be warmer, for starters, if what I remember is right) and I'm pretty sure there would be cities that were gone by the Fourth Era, and none of our current NPCs would be there. Putting it in the game's time would mean we get a much more stable background with which to work with.

I had sent PMs out to other people, and I'd like to wait for their replies, but if they don't reply soon, we'll go ahead and start.

Thing is, skyrim is the oldest province in Tamriel... most of Skryim hasn't changed. Solitude... Winterhold and Whiterun were all there during the Dragon War. Riften and Markarth aswell, the major holds were all present during that period. Only thing that was different was that during that period the Empire didn't exist since Talos hadn't yet created it.

The Dragon War is a unique idea, but that means less racial diversity for our characters ( no kahjiits and elves :( ) and less weapons and armor because of an earlier time period. We already know what happens in the Dragon War so the story may not be as surprising. On the other hand we haven't gone this early in the games, we can see how life was like in the Merethic era The atmosphere and environment would be a bit different by comparison. Animals and plants that were extinct by the time of the 4th era could be encountered, so we can create our own creatures if we wish. Overall both are great ideas, and it's hard to pick sides.