ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Change the appearance on the Bound Weapons

The1Unum

I'd like a mod that changes to look on the Bound Weapons from Daedric to something more generic, like how the Steel sword and Long bow look. The blue glow should also be toned down a bit, making it more subtle. Or why not go nuts, add options to the mod when you install it, what kind of looks you want and if you want the glow or not.

The mod will only change the appearance on the bound weapons, not alter any stats. Then, I'm guessing and hoping, it'll be compatible with any other mod that changes the spells.

I experimented a bit with this a while back, because I wanted to replace the daedric sword for a katana. Turns out it's kinda tricky because the weapon model and the glowy fire effect are separate files. So when I managed to replace the original sword, the glowy fire aura still followed the contours of the daedric sword. It looks kinda terrible. You'd have to replace both to have them compatible, but alas that's where I reached the limits of my meager modding skills. :confused:

I experimented a bit with this a while back, because I wanted to replace the daedric sword for a katana. Turns out it's kinda tricky because the weapon model and the glowy fire effect are separate files. So when I managed to replace the original sword, the glowy fire aura still followed the contours of the daedric sword. It looks kinda terrible. You'd have to replace both to have them compatible, but alas that's where I reached the limits of my meager modding skills. :confused:

Do you know if it was possible to remove the glow altogether and just keep the new Katana look? I can definitely live without the glow if I could exchange the Deadric look for something else.

Do you know if it was possible to remove the glow altogether and just keep the new Katana look? I can definitely live without the glow if I could exchange the Deadric look for something else.

That should be doable. I did something like that, kinda.

Basically, I got as far as finding a mod with a summonable sword and replaced the mesh with the daedric katana I wanted. That resulted in a spell that summoned a plain daedric katana, no effects or anything. That wasn't quite what I wanted, unfortunately, and I had no idea how to proceed after that.

Maybe I'll give the whole thing another shot if I get more proficient at using the Creation Kit. For now I think you need someone with a bit more experience than me.

That should be doable. I did something like that, kinda.

Basically, I got as far as finding a mod with a summonable sword and replaced the mesh with the daedric katana I wanted. That resulted in a spell that summoned a plain daedric katana, no effects or anything. That wasn't quite what I wanted, unfortunately, and I had no idea how to proceed after that.

Maybe I'll give the whole thing another shot if I get more proficient at using the Creation Kit. For now I think you need someone with a bit more experience than me.

Thanks.