SKSE installed through Vortex not working

AlreadyFree
Go to solution Solved by rmm200,

It works fine for me if you manually download SKSE64 from skse.silverlock.org and drag the zip file to Vortex.

To tell you what you have done wrong - you have to describe exactly what you did.

I did just what you described.

Dragged downloaded zip into vortex. Let it install like any other mod. Deployed. Checked game folder for synonyms to skse loader. Double clicked the exe. Game loads. All installed mods requiring skse proceed to complain that it isn't installed. Disable skse inn vortex and install manually, works perfectly fine.

• Solution

That would normally indicate that the SKSE scripts were not successfully installed.

Look in your game folder /Data/Scripts and see if they are there after Vortex install.

Also verify the file you downloaded is named: skse64_2_00_20.7z

Edited by rmm200

There is a preliminary SKSE64 AE build 2.1.1 found here: https://skse.silverlock.org/.

Would you or anyone else know if the files the downgrade patcher touches are the minimum necessary files to get ver 1.5.97 back?

I have those files backed up and I'm making a mod to overwrite AE files which will make reversing easier then using the patcher.

The files referenced in the patcher instructions take up a lot of room:)

diziet

That would normally indicate that the SKSE scripts were not successfully installed.

Â

Look in your game folder /Data/Scripts and see if they are there after Vortex install.

That's what it was. The scripts were in the downloaded archive file but weren't in the unzipped Vortex staging folder so obviously weren't getting deployed with the exe and dll files. I don't understand how that happened but thank you for the pointer.