Rome: Total War has been released!

Adrian Laguna

very good game. got it yesterday and havent played much since. i actually failed the tutorial :lol: my faction leader somehow died.

anyways, its a tremendous upgrade both campaign wise and battle wise from medieval:TW. the campaign map feels both old and new. old, because the way you raise armies and build structures is basically the same, with some variations. new, because of the whole diplomacy upgrade, and the senate mission "quest" system. and in general it all looks very colorful and generally well crafted.

the battle part is what i like the most now. in medieval i loved moving armies around and generally torching europe, but all battles were resolved with autocalc. here in rome 90% of the battles ive fought and won (or lost) i played myself. i especially like the encouragement phrases the general utters, the tauting effect, the new unit types (i dont believe there were skirmishers in medieval or shogun) and the emphasis on sensible tactics (although this last one was also there in medieval and probably shogun as well, i dont know i never played this last one)

Skirmishers as in archers, crossbowmen, longbowmen, horse archers etc can go on forever, there were plenty in the last game, oh and there was a big thing about sensible tictacs in the last game, as well as in the first, but i will still probably get this when i open a bank account so i can get paid (just starting working)

For tictacs, read tactics. Could have edited it out but it seemed funnier to keep it in :P

I. LOVE. THIS. GAME.

It rocks. The graphics are good, the gameplay is good, it's one of the few games that you actually need brains to play these days, and the satisfaction you get when you totally destroy an army one and a half times your size with almost no losses simply through using superior tactics is rather immense.

And I'm still on the tutorial map. :lol:

*AHEM*

Now I have the game.....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

However, not as good as SW Battlefront in my opinion...

im a member of a forum of a small "organization" that hosts various Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, and now SW: Battlefront. of Battlefront i have heard many bad things, enough to not make me buy it anytime soon. ive heard that server administrators cant actually administrate the server at the moment. that means they cant even kick players out of the server so they can make room. i wont be playing an online game thats without moderation, thats for sure

and btw, each day that passes i love Rome:TW more (just to go back on topic ;) ). it definitly deserves to be bought (then maybe creative assembly can make an expansion... weee! guess what THAT will include... lets see.. Shogun:TW - Mongol Invasion... Medieval:TW - Viking Invasion... Rome:TW - Barbarian Invasion? Hun Invasion?)

i am currently playing as the Julii (or however you spell it) and am kicking serious Gaul butt :ph34r: cant wait to finish so i can play as the Carthaginians

im a member of a forum of a small "organization" that hosts various Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, and now SW: Battlefront. of Battlefront i have heard many bad things, enough to not make me buy it anytime soon. ive heard that server administrators cant actually administrate the server at the moment. that means they cant even kick players out of the server so they can make room. i wont be playing an online game thats without moderation, thats for sure

Oh plenty of people go on about the issues to do with multiplayer and I'm a bit disappointed myself at the lack of polish on a game that hyped but at the core of it its still an amazing game. Not many games when released have no bugs in them anyway, it can only be expected. I'm sure that it'll get patched soon. Even Tribunal had a big bug in it when released in that the satchel packs didn't work but it got patched. Battlefront will as well, its just very new right now.

I'm playing as the Juliii as well. And, the game doesn't lag a bit... B)

I've only played the demo and seen it being played on my friends computer (although he didn't av a clue, he had never played on a total war in before :P )

The demo was great i intend to get this as soon as i have the cash. Yer that would be a good idea 'Hun Invasion' that would be cool :)

Archived