Skyrim Special Edition Won't Play

GoGoGordy

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am SO very sorry, I skipped one action ;(

Using the home of your Library tab in Steam, right click on The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim Special Edition. Then you click on 'Properties', you should see a dialog box with the choices "General, Updates, Local Files, Language, Betas, Controller" stacked over each other on the left side. Select "Local Files", and you should see the three buttons, the bottom of the three is "Move Install Folder".

Well, I did a quick search on Steam discussions, for move installation, and got this on one result:

Gwarsbane Feb 13 @ 7:37am
Install a small game to what ever place you want to move the game to and then the move option will popup.

For what ever reason Valve has decided that a different install folder must exist before a move can happen.
Last edited by Gwarsbane; Feb 13 @ 7:38am

I hope that this finally helps...

Thanks for your self so far. But where do I want to move it?

Right now, I have two SSE folders; one in Documents -> my games -> Skyrim Special Edition (which contains a file called saves, and has old saves.) The other is on Program Files (x86) -> Steam -> Steamapps -> common -> Skyrim Special Edition (which seems to have the same files and apps as regular Skyrim.)

Also, I don't know if this is worth mentioning, but creating a desktop shortcut through Steam doesn't work; it just creates a NotePad document. But I don't think it's a big deal since I can just launch the program from the second Skyrim Special Edition folder.

EDIT: In case it comes up, I only have a C:, no D:

Edited by GoGoGordy

In my case, I made sure that Skyrim SE went on a much larger 2nd drive. For yourself, you get to choose, just get it out of the (x86) folder. The Documents folder will, AFAIK, follow the change. Maybe just try making a folder on your C: drive for Bethesda/Steam, and see if you can move your Skyrim installation there. My move was quite some time ago, and I don't remember any specific steps, or that I had any special problem with moving it.

So, try making a new folder on your C: drive, and making a Steam folder inside that one, all the others should be created when you make the install inside the Steam folder.