Overabundance of Mods

foursquared

The maximum is 255 .esps. If your computer can handle it and there are no major conflicts it's fine.

I've just recently began to get frequent crashes to my desktop. the first two i noticed were in the same location. not sure if that was a coincidence or not. second time i was in dragonsreach questing (luckily, i saved literally a second beforehand). These frequent crashes are really abnormal. still trying to figure out what is causing it. (note; ive just recently started to use CK, just to add buffs to some mod items and weapons).

I'm currently running 235 mods (ESP's) along with 127 of the Nexus's highest quality texture packs, including 8k resolution mountains, Skyrim 2K HD textures, aMidianborn's texture overhauls, and Skyrim Ultra HD Texture Pack.

Trust me, you're fine haha. As long as you BOSS your load order, learn a bit about what might conflict with what, and utilize tools like the SkyProcPatchers, Wrye Bash and Optimizer's you can go on forever with mods!

Along with the aforementioned tools learn all about TES5edit for how to make your own patches as well as merging non-script dependent ESP's.

Having patches for your patches makes Skyrim so much more stable.

Creating a Merge patch stabilized my Skyrim. But now im back to my freezing problem lol. pretty sure it's because of a visual thing