Creation Kit SE - Preview Window is flickering

mannygt

Hello, guys!

After years, I decide to reinstall and open CK SE. I just made and published a little mod.

However I tried to make another one by editing an exterior worldspace cell by putting an item in the world.

When I right click on a model in the list and select "Preview", the object in the preview window is flickering when I try to view other models.

Anyone knows how to fix this? It's really annoying.

I'm using Win10

Thanks!

• 10 months later...

This flicker also occurs when launching the SSE CK under Windows 11. What follows is my system configuration to see if it is possible to see any glaring point of convergence with other folks experiencing this problem.

CK Version 1.6.438.0

OS Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on 2022-‎10-‎03
OS build 22621.674
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor, 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 128 GB

Video card: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3090

Driver Version: 516.94
Resolution: 3840x2160, 60Hz.

My workaround thus far is to simply move the Render Window off the bottom of the screen until I need it. It stops flickering once a cell is loaded.

Witnessing the flicker in 64bit, but I rarely use that one beyond saving esp to SSE format

For what im sure it is not worth. This does not occur in 32bit CK, and I suspect something with drivers causes it in 64, since it didnt do that before. Thankfully I dont have to worry with it I guess

My issue is strictly related to the preview window. My render window is fine. The issue is more that the object completely disappears when I move my mouse over the window. If I resize the box it re-appears but as soon as I move my mouse it grays out again. As opposed to a constant flickering.

Here are my specs:

CK Version 1.5.73.0

OS Edition Windows 10

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 64 GB

Video card: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060

Resolution: 3840x2160, 60Hz.

Witnessing the flicker in 64bit, but I rarely use that one beyond saving esp to SSE format

For what im sure it is not worth. This does not occur in 32bit CK, and I suspect something with drivers causes it in 64, since it didnt do that before. Thankfully I dont have to worry with it I guess

The flickering issue is caused by Nvidia drivers beyond version 512.77.

Reverting the driver to 512.77 will fix the issue, but you'll have out-of-date drivers.

I'm currently running the 512.77 driver on my RTX 3060 and have no issues with my video or rendering.