Does this mod exist?

thunderwolf86

I have seen a number of the improved AI for enemies making for better battles and I love that, it makes the game that much more challenging. the only problem with that is that the NPCs (followers in particular) seem to remain dumb. im just wondering if there is a mod for smarter NPCs/followers?

Have you checked out AFT (Amazing Follower Tweaks)?

Some of the features I love about AFT:

- Multiple combat styles including spellsword, spell only, spell + staff, sword + shield, dual sword, etc.

- Spell AI setup - you can setup 4 spells for each follower to when and who the follower casts. It's like Dragon Age's combat tactics system.

- Teach spells to followers including custom spells.

- Auto relax mode. Your followers will wander around and do their own things when you stand there for a few seconds. Some will walk in front of you while some do their things behind you. It makes them feel like they have their own free will. Very cool feature.

- Multiple outfits - exploring outfit, home outfit, city outfit - they will auto switch at different locations.

There's many more features. Check out the mod page and its read me section for all the details.

Hope that helps. =)

Edited by yic17

If you want to play as a commander consider checking the minion system from my mod Nature of the beast 2. It wont make your followers smarter but it will make them more obidient. And yes, I too recommend AFT although both AFT and UFO are compatiblre with the above mentioned minion system. AFT is the best follower mod for me.

If however you want to play with mounted followers consider trying this mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24286. Its not compatible with AFT though. Only with UFO. That being said the ability to command mounted followers is very rewarding.

I highly suggest not using UFO, it is outdated and problematic, I have tried using it before, but always come back to AFT, AFT is much more stable and compatible.

AFT lets you 'program' your followers AI to fight the way you want, you can set them to use shield and sword, two handed weapon, sword and spell, program their armor, have them change armor in cities, teach them spells you know, tell them when to use the spells, and many other things.

Also, if you are going to use a horse mod that lets your followers ride horses, I HIGHLY suggest using Convenient Horses, not only does ti have a ton more HORSE related features then the other horse mod mentioned, it doesn't have a bunch of randomly tossed in features, and most importantly it is MUCH more up to date and it is compatible with AFT!

Edited by ArtMurder