Regarding posting a mod about a mod's problem

Worldsong

Hi all. I'm getting into modding Oblivion, and my question is about how NexusMod would deal with this possible 'mod' I'm thinking of doing.

I found this nice mod called Enhanced Cyrodiil - Wayshrines (44737), but as seen from the posts and what I saw in installing it, there are a few problems. I corrected a few of those problems myself in the Construction Set and determined a good load order for it. On looking at the permissions for that mod, it's rather vague pretty much saying "Author's Instructions." So it looks like if I wanted to publish a reworked version of this mod, I'd need to contact him - but given that his page shows he hasn't been on here for 4 years, it's not likely I'll get any answers from him.

So since per NexusMod's TOS as I understand it, I couldn't publish such a mod. BUT what if I simply uploaded a text file/pdf that only lists the problems in the ECW mod and what needs to be done in Construction Set to correct the problems? Since I'm not actually changing the mod and only telling people how they can fix it themselves on their Oblivion installation, would that be considered OK by NexusMods? I would certainly add at the beginning of such a list that anyone using the info therein cannot and should not publish such changes themselves as a mod for use in Oblivion. I'd appreciate hearing someone from NexusMods what they think of this before I consider looking further into ECW and making such a list.

Thanks!

If you can't get in touch with the author, the text file idea is allowable.

A better way might be to make a patch for Enhanced Cyrodiil - Wayshrines. If you use the Construction Set Extender, you can use an esp as a master and all your changes go into a "patch".

Or best of all, make an entirely new mod using Enhanced Cyrodiil - Wayshrines as an inspiration. :)