ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Dark Face bug help

graphcalibur

i'm completely new to using ods so some advice on how to fix the issue would be appreciated . I downloaded a few cosmetic mods , lucious faces , Calientes Female Body Mod. better females by bella. I also downloaded two armour packs black mage armour , and a calientes compatible version of the Teraa armor pack . I also downloaded two gameplay mods UFO and better magic . Now I didn't notice until I had lydia equip one of the more revealing outfits that her head was signficantly darker than he rest of her body . I switched followers to Jordis and she had the same issue . If my character who is a breton wears the outfit she has no troubles everything is perfectly blended . So i assume somethings going wrong with the female nords. Anyways I saw several fixes saying you need to use the creationkit to fix it . However , I can't get past the select the actors phase of anyones steps for some reason when I load up the skyrim data none of the npc followers except Alea the huntress appear to be listed in the data with the other characters.

All I know is if you create new npcs in mods you need to make sure people get their relevant meshes and textures as well (which you can get from the creation kit by pressing CTRL+F4).

So if a lot of females in your game have this "grey face bug" then it has something to do with mods that change their face, I suggest you go to those mods and read the description again or ask questions there.

On a different note, a few people have told me that they had to install my own mod manually because NMM automatic installation was causing my mod to be installed improperly and not fully functional, so maybe tryint a manual install of those face mods might help (I'm just speculating here)

It was only nord female followers who suffered from the bug . Every other race and non follower nord female was fine .I thought maybe the mods I choose didn't work well. together . So i uninstalled them and choose a few different ones based off of unp instead of Calientes . The grey face bug hasn't shown up, but now the neck seams for all Nord woman are awful . The textures are not blending in at all . I don't understand why that race is giving me so much trouble.

I was able to resolve the issue with neck seams for the most part by using only UNP plus Coverwoman No neck seams or gray face. The biggest problem I've seen as some npc loading with vanilla textures. It's really rare though . I've only seen like 3 npcs with the issue. Once again nord females are the only one suffering from the problem . http://www.flickr.com/photos/100338318@N07/9527605270/. The only thing they have in common is that they're unimportant villagers. If I set there weight to a 100 they look like this.

Edited by graphcalibur