ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

ENboost with enb mod--how?

Jotis92

Sorry for the late reply - I saw this tread yesterday but was taking a day off from replying. Anyways,

In order to use and ENB which also uses ENBoost, you need a visual ENB mod that has been either made compatible with, or specifically made for any ENB versions after v0.195. You can try graphics based ENBs that are older but you're in no way guaranteed for it to work properly. ENBdev website (where you will need to go to in order to obtain the complete set of files) now only hosts ENBoost in the form of ENB v0.200 onwards, but I believe the main differences (apart from some small bug fixes) between 0.195 and 0.204 are the ENBoost-type developments that Boris (ENB creator) is working on.

I don't know a massive amount about the later ENB versions (that already contain ENBoost) as I use my own custom made ENB preset and not really experimented with the later files much. Therefore all I can recommend is to use a premade ENB preset that you like which includes ENBoost already, or use the following guide on converting older ENB presets to newer ENB versions...

http://www.enbdev.com/doc_skyrim_presetconvertion_en.htm

As for conflicting files, ENBoost / newer ENB versions only conflict with older ENB versions as it's all really the same mod / utility - everything is just age / version dependent. Again, you'll need to ensure that the ENB preset you want to run has either been converted to the later ENB files by the ENB preset author themselves, or you can attempt to do this yourself. I've never tried this (due to lack of neccessity) so can't comment on this.