Save File Cleansing Attempt

Vanedict

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone here with more knowledge than me can help me out with an issue I'm having.

I'm hoping to make a save file not require a mod I have installed, so that I may move the save to my Xbox 360 and play it there.

I was successful in making the save free from all mods bar one, the Bank of Cyrodiil mod (http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/3172/?).

Whenever I try to load the save file with the mod deactivated, I get a CTD.

I'm at my wit's end on solving this problem, so I've finally decided to turn to the forum here for help.

The attempts I've made on this so far are:

-The steps listed in the mod's readme for uninstallation.

-To drop all items my character had from the mod, and then select them in console, and 'disable' them (possibly not the cleanest solution there is).

-The steps listed on this page: http://tescosi.com/wiki/Updating_Saves#Updating_and_Removing_Plugins

I'm out of ideas on this issue. If anyone could provide me with any help, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, if this is of any help, my load order:
Masters for Save 326 - Maldred - The Testing Hall, Level 28, Playing Time 176.33.54.ess:
00 Oblivion.esm
01 DLCFrostcrag.esp
02 za_bankmod.esp
03 Knights.esp
04 DLCShiveringIsles.esp
05 DLCVileLair.esp

(I hope this is the right place on the forum, apologies if it isn't.)

I'm not trying to mod my console, or run user mods on my console.

I want to be able to play my PC save on my console, through the process detailed here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Xbox_360#Transferring_PC_Game_Saves_to_the_Xbox_360

I don't believe that counts as console modding. And what I'm asking for help with is being able to play my save file when I have deactivated a certain mod, without having a crash.

Sorry if that wasn't clear enough in my original post.

If you have a bashed patch, rebuild that after removing disabling za_bankmod.esp.

Another thing you can try is to go to a cell which has nothing to do with the Banks of Cyrodiil mod (testinghall will do just fine). Wait 73 hours and then save the game. Exit and disable the mod and see if the new save is loadable. If it is, make a save right away.

Thanks for the suggestions Lanceor.

I'm very new to Wrye Bash, so I don't have a bashed patch.

As for your second suggestion, I have attempted this to no avail. I even dropped all of my character's items into a chest in one of my houses, then went to the testinghall and attempted this.

Still get a crash on loading the save without za_bankmod.esp, unfortunately.

Check if there is a plugin called bashed_patch.esp and delete it in that case. BTW, rebuilding a bashed patch is easy - just right-click on it in Wrye Bash and select Rebuild Patch. :smile: