character creation: movable camera

SiNNeR

so we all know that the most important thing is creating our character and getting every detail just perfect

unfortunately this can be very difficult without being able to get a proper look at the character while you're designing it. you can focus on either head or full body and you can turn the head slightly, that's it

what if you want to see how the hair looks from behind? this is after all the angle we're likely to see our character from most often

what about mods that allow you to, for example, put a tattoo on your characters back or shoulders, wouldn't it be nice to actually be able to see it to see if it looks right on them beforehand?

I've tried using tfc console command but not only does the character become invisible, trying to use the free camera with the creation menus up seems to freeze the game anyway

The Race Menu mod allows you to zoom in and out on your character's face during creation. As for the back of the head and the rest of the body, it's easy enough to finish the front, save your character and then turn them around for a peak. If you don't like what you see you can always open race menu again with the console or the mod that allows you to use a spell to change the hair, though you'd have to close the game and fiddle with your files in most cases if you've got a problem with the body textures.

I did consider that but I've read all kinds of reports about showracemenu console command causing lots of bugs and glitches, presumably the spell would have the same issues. plus being able to move the camera or turn the character around during creation would be far more convenient