Equip bug?

senterpat

Hi, I've google all over and can't find any one else who has had this problem, much less a solution. But it's annoying, and hopefully someone can help me.

So the issue is that when I switch to a new spell in combat, my hands just start equipping random spells and weapons from my hot keys. They switch a good 4-8 times in rapid succession, and get me killed all the time. So please someone tell me something.

Does it only happen with spells that you assigned to the quick list hot keys (1-8 )?

If so, I'd suggest looking a your keyboard for any key issues. Or just try a different keyboard and see if that causes it to go away.

It sounds a lot like a hardware issue rather than the game itself.

EDIT: Would love to have an option to toggle off auto smileys. Dislike having to put a space between an 8 and ) because together it makes 8)

Edited by IsharaMeradin

Well for starters, deactivate all of your mods and try it then. If it is still messed up, try reinstalling skyrim. Like Ishara said it might be a keyboard issue. If none of those work I dont know what to tell you.

I'm playing on vanilla, on a fresh install. It's not only equipping hot keyed items, I put the staff of Magnus on a weapon rack yesterday, cast a spell, and the bug pulls out a duplicate staff of Magnus. I was wrong when I said its hot keyed stuff, it seems to be cycling through items ive equipped.

Well im stumped. My only suggestion would be to check your skyirm.ini file to see if everything is in order there otherwise just try reinstalling it 2 or 3 times and if it doesnt go away I dont know what else to do.