My Mod wont show up in the distance

Nalfeyn

So ...

I'm working on a mod, where I have got a home for my archmage on a big flying rock over a lake.

Well ... it's almost finished.

But somehow, I just cant get it to work, that this big flying rock is visible in the distance ... from beginning.

If I'm walking towards it, it won't show up until I'm very close to it ...

If I'm on the rock and jump down in the water, it's still visible for a long time.

So, I need to know, what I have to change that it's visible in the distance, even in the very distance.

I hope somebody can help me out ...

sincerly, Nalfeyn.

You need to make an LOD file for it, the game displays the LOD file at a distance, not the actual building/rock/whatever.

And how do I do it ?

Btw. thanks for your quick reply ! Really appreciate it ! :smile:

Edit : Cause I can't find a tutorial for it ...

just for Worldspace LOD's.

Edited by Nalfeyn

You need to make an LOD file for it, the game displays the LOD file at a distance, not the actual building/rock/whatever.

And how do I do it ?

Btw. thanks for your quick reply ! Really appreciate it ! :smile:

Edit : Cause I can't find a tutorial for it ...

just for Worldspace LOD's.

To be honest, I don't know, I've never done anything like that before. From what I've heard, it's actually pretty complicated, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, I already have seen that one ... but this tutorial is only for your custom worldspace.

My problem is, that I have this playerhome set up above a sea near riverwood.

This would be the Tamriel worldspace ...

I've already found the LOD files for the Meadhall, Sovmountainbase, Sovrockterrace and sovrockterracemainstairs ...

but how do I import those files in the tamriel worldspace ... or how can I tell the game to load those files in the tamriel worldspace ?

Or do I have to generate the meshes for the whole tamriel worldspace completely new ?

sincerly, nalfeyn.